Fighter Control

Spade

I am a fan of the old TIE fighter game and think that it would be amazing if some aspects of the old XvTie series could be incorperated into the battle sequences.

Before each battle, what if you could choose the initial fleet tactics and then choose whether to remain in command of your fleet or take command of fighters or (hopefully) gunboats first hand. Mabey players could issue fleet commands from the fighters too, to keep the strategy part of the game in the battles.

P.S.

I just found this site a few days ago, and I love it. Sorry if I mentioned something already brought up, havnt gotten to read all of the posts yet.

Welcome, Spade!

Yeah, I think this came up a loooong time ago. Using the XWA engine for the fleet battles when you decide to take part, the Homeworld engine for when you chose to remain in the 'tactical' mode, the JKIII engine for performing espionage and sabotage missions, and the Force Commander/Galactic Battlegrounds engine for planetary assaults.

{sigh} :(

Sadly, all we can do is dream, since incorporating even one of those aspects would be all but impossible, even with the sourcecode. Not to mention the size of the install... 8O

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

I don't think it would be neccesary. Sure, it would be fun to ambush Coruscant with a few hundred ships and sit in an X-Wing and watch, but what is more important, and maybe even a bit realistic, is to make RII a good strategy game.

You want to fly an X-Wing, play X-Wing.

You want to be a Jedi Knight, play Jedi Knight.

You want to lead the Rebellion, ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/RiesstiuIV/Krempel/trapaure.gif

I don't think it would be neccesary. Sure, it would be fun to ambush Coruscant with a few hundred ships and sit in an X-Wing and watch, but what is more important, and maybe even a bit realistic, is to make RII a good strategy game.

You want to fly an X-Wing, play X-Wing.

You want to be a Jedi Knight, play Jedi Knight.

You want to lead the Rebellion, ...

Yes, right. Still, such a complex game would be a dream come true for most of us! :|

:arrow: He,he,he let me tell you guys some news......the "Force" has reveal something like this to me that will happen in 3-4 years .The two engines combination will be the next big thing in game matters. So just wait until then :idea::wink:

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Um, it's already going on. Ever played BF1942?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

:arrow: Shhhhh don't tell anywone they don't know :)

:arrow: ...ahhh also did you played Protectorate : the Empire Strike Back vs 2.2 ?!

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Um, it's already going on. Ever played BF1942?

Yes, that's the point! I have BF Vietnam...

And, you don't need to have a whole new engine.

Remember Sim City 2000 - Sim Copter

You could load your city map into the other game.

So it can be done... and I think it's good for the game market too :roll: