Just a thought...

...I had while playing one of CAIN's new scenarios. Including hyperspace routes in a Reb 2. The idea would be that you can't just randomly jump system to system, but would have to follow more specific routes, stopping off at various systems along the way...this would seem to more accurately reflect what i know about hyperspace travel from the literature and films. Also, it would severely reduce the threat of suprise attacks against rear-guard positions....normally this isnt much of an issue...but playing against the Empire in CAIN's galaxy of horrors, even after i had driven them substantially back into the core, imperial fleets would occasionaly show up around Yavin...probably due to the vast resources that they have, that the AI is actually willing to risk losing a fleet in a raid...but i think my idea would tend to funnel the ships and fleets and lead to more frequent and controlled battles.