Terminology

Knightcrawler

Anyone think that some of the terminology should change. Like instead of "Are you sure you want to abort this mission?" for R&D, it could say "Are you sure you want to put R&D on hold?" For some missions, of course "abort" is good terminology. Such missions are Sabotage, Recruitment, Abduction, and Espionage because they're not ongoing. But for Diplomacy and R&D, they are ongoing and "abort" could be taken to mean that you have to start all over instead of picking up where you left off. It kinda confused me (with R&D) as a newbie.
Hello

That's an interesting idea. I hadn't really thought about it before, but what you suggest certainly sounds better.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

It would be nice to have different messages from the different sides, too. For example, if you're an Imp and a neutral planet joins the REbels, you get a message saying: Yaga Minor has chosen the path of weakness, it joined the puny REbels. It is time to smash it with our glorious forces.

If you're a REb it would say, The Yagai have chosen wisely they chose to oppose the Empire and join the Alliance of Free Planets.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

an idea on missions

you should be able to have missions go on for as long as it needs or such say assassination, half the time they fail it, it should just go on til there captured or it gets done adn recruitment should go on til theres no more people or you cancel actually you shouldnt have to have people on recruitment missions you just get people like if a planet is revolting you might get a person and some troops and a few fighters or something like defections in the real sw universe, and people on recruitment get people faster. You should be able to have ships in the same system without attacking, not big forces for you may be discovered but you may have fighters on planet while your being blockaded and have the fighters launch on command. arent i full of ideas

Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

Yes, isn't it strange to "recruit" Thrawn and Daala? Ummm....it'd be nice to join the military and jump straight to command!

"Sign on the dotted line...good, now here's a fleet of Star Destroyers...go use all your tactical knowledge to destroy the cunning Rebels" Emperor Palpatine says.

"Use the tactical knowledge machine on him..." says Darth Vader.

:D8O

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Nice one UD. Yeah, i guess its a lil odd, tho if i remember his background, Thrawn's rise was somewhat meteoric. Yeah, maybe the recruitment missions should just be used to speed up a natural process. If you have someone on mission then you're more likely to recruit someone than if you let the come to you. Say maybe it halves the time or something?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Guest JediIgor

Well.. Thrawn was kinda undercover in the Unknown Regions, so technically he was recruited as nobody knew about him.

Daala on the other hand was just a cook, so she was "recruited" as well. See where I am getting at? :)

:)

Maybe when they are first recruited their stats should just be a bit lower.

e.g, as Thrawn fights more battles his leadership goes up, and up, until he carries the respect that we expect of him. Instead of it starting at 100+, start it at 30 odd and bring it up.

Yeah, I like that !

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Might make the game last a little longer, especially if like me you already like to see just how powerfull can you get Luke to be?!?