less micromanaging easier!!!!

Biteme

Should there be a coop in the game?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a coop in the game?

• yes
    • no

I have a new idea to fix the micromanaging: coop; split the problem and team up on the AI or another coop. One guy could contrate more the combat aspect and production while the other does the diplomatic part.
I'm just an honest fan

My image of Reb2 is similar to that, where the leader can control at most one sector, with its troops and fleets. Moffs/Senators from other sectors would give you a tithe of $$$ and ships+troops but be responsible for developing/protecting their own sector. AND If they got strong they could challenge you as Emperor/President. :D

You could also assassinate your sector leaders (especially as Emperor), or otherwise try to replace them with your own leader (have influence points and spend them to replace a leader as if there were an election or something). You (and your sector leaders) would get influence points for winning and lose them when you lost. The rub would be that you would also get... say 10%... of the influence points that your sector leaders got for their victories (after all, you are the boss ;) ) You could also buy influence points with left over money.

That way, you would only manage your sector, your fleet, and the leaders of your other sectors.

The cool thing is that you could start the game as a sector leader (Moff/Senator) if you wanted, and try to topple your boss (or just not get replaces...). You could recruit your own personal generals, admirals, bounty hunters, etc. and use them to rack up victories and eventually assassinate, force an election (if you had enough $$$$+ influence points), or stage a coup.

Just an idea... man I wish I could program :P

:D:P Droids Rule! Fleshies Drool! :P:D

Interesting that concept would make reb2 a major multiplayer game, where every player controls a sector and dukes it out for say control of the empire(who says there has to be rebels!!!) or ruling the galaxy... Alliances and treachery aplenty!!!
I'm just an honest fan

Thanks! :D

I love the idea. And yes, it would make a great multiplayer game (although I'd probably only play against the AI, given my chaotic schedule.)

I especially like the idea of all the intruigue such a system would develop. It's like taking the loyalty aspect of Rebellion and expanding it so it fits the books and movies. Half of what goes on is backstabbing and other plots....

Also... you could have character card sets that would contain characters you could recruit .. with a chance that other players could sneak into your sector and try to recruit them first... or even buy them away with $$$ or prestige points. You could send spies to find and steal away valuable characters... you could sabotage rivals to undercut their power base of factories, fleets, or ships... maybe you could even take your extra cash and build a private pirate fleet to prey on neutrals, the enemy, or even a rival for extra cash that you wouldn't have to give a % cut to your leader.

Man, what fun! :D

Y'know an unscrupulous company could sell these character cards sets in expansion packs (along with some scenarios, extra ships/troops, editing tools, ect.) just like Civ2 and Civ3 have and make LOTS OF MONEY!

Fortunately, Lucas is above such petty things ;)

Man... I could make that man another small fortune if he'd only listen to me :lol::lol::lol:

:D:P Droids Rule! Fleshies Drool! :P:D