A different spin on rebellion

Chimera

Actually, what I'd love to see in rebellion 2 (this would have to be lucas arts, I'd think, because it would be a whole new game) is....

the ability to play an individual character.

You could be a smuggler, and buy your ship, run cargo, fight pirates/police (yes, I loved freelander).

You could be a pilot/SpecOps and get sent on different missions while watching the war progress via the main screen as the AIs battle it out.

You could be a General/Admiral and control your own force. You would be given commands by your leader and try to carry them out. You could have a private force on the side or ships, thugs, or spies.

You could be a pirate and set up your own secret base, etc. Maybe you could go legit and buy a planet.

You could be a Senator/Moff and control your sector, as well as skimming off the top to fund your own secret base, thugs, ships.

If you were doing well, you could challenge the leader (either via vote or coup d'etat).

And of course, you could be the leader and play like we always play.

It would have huge online potential.

And of course, when I saw Galaxies come out... I knew my vision would never come to be ;) I just hope Galaxies gets closer to it.

:D:P Droids Rule! Fleshies Drool! :P:D

....hmmmm..all of us want that ...but ho know's when this will be made :)...btw did you see that for becoming a member on the Lucas official site you have to pay ?!?!...it is unbeliveble !

PS. do you like the presentation for our story here ?! in the forums ?

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

I do like the presentation of our story here.

I agree that LucasArts will not come back to the Rebellion concept. Which is a shame. Even more shameful is that they refuse to release the source code for a line they have abandoned when other companies like relic give out the source code to Homeworld, even though they are still making new Homeworlds...

:D:P Droids Rule! Fleshies Drool! :P:D

• 1 year later...
Dude, if you want an RPG like that, get The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind from Bethesda. It is one of the greatest RPGs ever and let's you do pretty much all of that, except you have to stay on the planet... And use swords... And be annoyed by wood elves. But aside from that it's awesome. or, if you patient, you can get The Elder Scroll IV Oblivion later this year. Anyway, two great RPG games on a real-time-strategy-game website. Wee! :D

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

It wouldn't be Star Wars Rebellion after that. I like the game as is for the most part, it just needs some tweaking I think, not a complete redesign.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"