a little bit of insight on the ship texturing

Guest JediIgor

Guest Pucho777

http://www.starwarsutah.com/images/lightsaber-line1.gif

"And the 'BMP Converter' is of absolutely no use to us except to let us see what the Resource Names are, but it makes it greatly efficient for the techies changing the game for us to do their work...right?"

Yes, exactly. The converter is only for the "techies" NOT for players.

"the encoded images are not separated by the resource language but their group instead. So, they all are in group 303."

As I know the Resource language only means what language version of Rebellion you own. The most common is 1033 wich is the english. When you open the Tactical.dll with Resource Hacker you will see several groups, like WAVE, Bitmap, 301 and 303. In any entry of group 303 the code that you see is an image but not a standard bitmap file. The graphics softwares canot handle this code, it needs to be decoded into bmp format.

"All too easy..."

Én Köszönöm szépen, megtanul vakundok! I am honored by your knowledge and patience with my Padawanity. :wink:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic