No Models

Guest Scathane

Guest Scathane
I'm trying to insert the Eclipse and Vioscount into my tactical.dll but no matter how hard I try, the models aren't showing up in RebED...

Wierd shit! Have you actually tried to play the game to see if they're there anyway? (cheat game to test of course)

I've been having a similar problem with the Allegiance Star Destroyer, it's there in the game, but RebEd crashes whenever I attempt to look at the rotating ship image.

BTW: Both Viscount and Eclipse appear fine in my RebEd.

:?

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Size matters not :wink:

You can replace any model with every possible alternative.

Tell me exactly, what you did. We'll get to the bottom of the pit from there.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Guest Scathane
Size matters not :wink:

You can replace any model with every possible alternative.

I thought as much but throught it would be better to make sure... :)

Tell me exactly, what you did. We'll get to the bottom of the pit from there.
Okay, here we go (I started at "Into the gamefiles")

1. I unzipped the Eclipse Star destroyer model; this provides me with a folder containing the following two files: eclipse_desc.txt and eclipse_final.x
    2. I open TACTICAL.DLL in ResHacker 3.4.0.79 and look for the 301-branche
    3. I open the 301-branche and look for the Bulwark Battle Cruiser, which should be resources 2130, 2131 and 2132 (resource#)
    4. I open each resource with ResHacker and replace the resource with eclispe_final.x, I then save each resource using 301, resource# and 1033 for resource type, name and language respectively
    5. I save TACTICAL.DLL

6. (optional) I remove the TACTICAL Original.dll that was automatically generated.

I've triedit with and without step number 6, but the effects remain the same...

I have similar problems with the Overlord and Allegiance. RebEd crashes with a "error critique" message when I try to view the model. This did not occur with the Viscount, though.

The ships show up correctly, though I suspect that some textures are missing since the Allegiance is fairly low-detail and does not have bridge lights as described. Another weird thing is that the Assault Frigate is suddenly missing ALL textures... I will start from scratch with a fresh tactical.dll since this could be caused by a serious mess-up from the past.

Another thing: The Allegiance has a hangar bay. I think I read in the SWTC that the Allegiance Class had no such thing as a big fighter docking bay and did not carry a single fighter. Do I recall correctly or am I mistaken?

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

if mask would write a small tut on how to convert models + textures for rebeliion and how to resize, id happily do it, as i have the tools, and the time, just dont know exactly what to do

Guest Scathane
if mask would write a small tut on how to convert models + textures for rebeliion and how to resize, id happily do it, as i have the tools, and the time, just dont know exactly what to do
Mask has already done that... You can find it in the download section, under 'Model Editing'...

Mask has already done that... You can find it in the download section, under 'Model Editing'...

i know about that tut, i mean a tut on how to convert models/textures from XWA (where he gets most of his models) and to use them in game, cuz ive been trying to figure that 1 out, but so far no luck, cuz ive never done modelling b4

get what i mean?

• 2 weeks later...

Ace mailed me and I seemed to have answered all his questions satifyingly :wink:

Tsun and Trej, I know about the hangar bay of the Allegiance, but I wanted to see who'd notice first :lol: No really, if you look into the complete guide to Stardestroyers it is said, that the Allegiance has a few fighters and since I didn't want to add hangar bays at the side, which would've looked ridiculuous, I just left the usual bay location.

Scath, I can't see where it went wrong. It looks like you did it all correctly. Is the file write protected ? Have you tried a fresh tactical.dll from the cd ?

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Well, I do not know what the guide claims, but the SWTC claims the Allagiance not having such stuff... :)

Of course, since the Star Wars universe scientists were to dumb to invent beaming (the ST transportation, not on the face, mind you), the Allegiance needs some hangar bays for shuttles and even freighters (hah, try supplying several thousands of beings with shuttles packed with food...).

I know you do only conversions with changes to details to reduce the polycount, but could you maybe change the hangar bay around a bit? Just so it is obvious that it's not a standard bay; maybe even split it in two narrower ones or something.

BTW, the new star background looks nice; I was about to send a PM about it when I saw the Allegiance scrren shot, but luckily I found the post before I pressed 'send'.

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

• 4 weeks later...

>The ships show up correctly, though I suspect that some textures are >missing since the Allegiance is fairly low-detail and does not have bridge >lights as described.

The Allegiance download 100% certainly didn't include all of the required textures. Can whoever made it up originally add them in and re-upload it.

Thanks!