Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:48 pm 
<!-- Lieutenant //-->

Very Funny :lol: :lol:. Make sure that Admiral ToguroAni doesn't see that post or he'll lecture you on how forums are for serious people only and come off as kind of an arrogant person who doesn't know how to take a joke. :twisted: Oh wait, was that mean of me? Any way thanks for letting me know on the models progress, I'm really looking forward to this one when it's finished. Keep up the good work. :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:12 am 
<!-- Warlord -->

Update: I'm going pretty slowly with this model (and all others for that matter) at the moment.
But here's an update anyway.

Added weapons, I need to join them upto the mesh next - as well as add a radar.
Currently I've also stretched the model and modified the under belly and a few other things. Kind of wishing that Rebellion had a better z-buffer (assuming my theory is right), as those guns probably wont be seen well in game :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:19 am 
<!-- Colonel -->

A definite improvement, Krytos. Like you said, the details might not show up well in Rebellion, but its looking nice. Am I correct in assuming that the textures will smooth out those edges?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:38 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

Woo! :D Starting to look nice and developed.

Can that thing land on water? It just kinda looks that way...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:04 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

AdmiralToguroAni wrote:
Am I correct in assuming that the textures will smooth out those edges?

Not exactly. Textures, generally, just add colour to the mesh with paterns etc. to make them look like something more than a flat, grey surface. That being said, textures can sometimes be used to hide imperfections - and in the case of Rebellion this can be quiet effective.
But the reason behind the harsh edges it two fold. The first is it's a low poly model intended to only have the bare minimum polys needed. Second is the normals havn't been smoothed (which is possible, though I'm not sure if that it translates into Rebellion due to the file format and the Rebellion engine)

However, once I finish up the low poly version (which I'm actually using as a template) I'll be increasing the poly count to make it smoother. . . hopefully.

As for the design itself, D16. No idea - just found ther 'perty picture and decided to make it :wink: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:25 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

Mmk, little update on this small faller. Finished 90% of the modelling, and just gave it a quick whirl in Rebellion with a test texture.

Granted this model is currently as big as a Majestic - though, it's good to see things are working out so far. Next is some little touch ups, and a Radar Dish, then the real textures and a test run. I figure that the ship wont be large enough to see the majority of details - or the lack of polys on the ship. I may have to enlarge the weapons. It's meant to be around 190 metres long, so it wont be too big ingame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:32 am 
<!-- Raporan Dark Lord //-->

Nice ship keep up the good work.

Click here is you like Trance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:49 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

Location: Death Stars are out at night, big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas.
Krytos wrote:

Quote:
...and just gave it a quick whirl in Rebellion with a test texture....

Is that the Ranger gunship Candy Cane (due to it's being the Christmas season and all)? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:46 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

DarthTex wrote:
Is that the Ranger gunship Candy Cane (due to it's being the Christmas season and all)? :D

Sure :roll: . . . .That'll work :P

I've been thinking about releasing a few texture packs for some of the models I've done/doing. Like a striped Ranger (Not exactly the same as this, but kind of simular) a red Battle Dragon (apparently they're red :? ) And for others I've done with coloured striping, different strip patterns and different colours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:03 pm 
<!-- Colonel -->

I like that idea a lot. Maybe do some fun ones, too. Too bad you didnt make the Eclipse--I'd like to see a black, textured one rather than the big grey triangle we have now :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:31 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

AdmiralToguroAni wrote:
I like that idea a lot. Maybe do some fun ones, too. Too bad you didnt make the Eclipse--I'd like to see a black, textured one rather than the big grey triangle we have now :roll:

Yes, definetely! :D ! I'm far from a good texturer, though I've got a lot of the basics down so should be able to start doing that soonish.
I "might" be able to make textures for the Eclipse, though it really depends on the author and asking their permission :?

Well, here some more updates - this time with textures done. I think they came out well and suited the original art.
That being said, once the model is released I'll work on some other textures with the classic whitey/grey and red.

ImageImage

ImageImage

Now there's the radar dish to do and putting in the game and that;s hopefully it. . . ok, there's proof testing as well - but I'm obviously not the best at that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:31 am 
<!-- Warlord -->

Holy Crap! That's awesome!

A Cell shaded style texture. :) I love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:40 am 
<!-- Raporan Dark Lord //-->

Nice ship Kryt.

Click here is you like Trance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:02 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

Krytos wrote:
AdmiralToguroAni wrote:

Yes, definetely! :D ! I'm far from a good texturer, though I've got a lot of the basics down so should be able to start doing that soonish.
I "might" be able to make textures for the Eclipse, though it really depends on the author and asking their permission :?

Well, here some more updates - this time with textures done. I think they came out well and suited the original art.
That being said, once the model is released I'll work on some other textures with the classic whitey/grey and red.

ImageImage

ImageImage

Now there's the radar dish to do and putting in the game and that;s hopefully it. . . ok, there's proof testing as well - but I'm obviously not the best at that.

OMG that's really superb stuff

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:41 pm 
<!-- Colonel -->

I'll admit that I had my doubts when I first saw the model, but now that I see it, it looks superb! Like D16 said, the cel-shaded look is awesome