Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: GALSIM update
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:51 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

new zip is up with the needed files.  please download at http://galsim.nickersonm.com/galsim.zip&nbsp; and extract entire contents of zip over your old install

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:37 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

It appears that the server hosting the file is down at the moment

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:46 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

it looks like it is back up.

NOTE: I have been taking a look at how some of you are organizing your forces and I want to point out one thing again from my earlier post.

Other than cleaning up your fleet display there is really no relationship between a parent fleet and a child fleet.  If you give orders to a parent fleet, they do not affect the child fleet in any way.  Fleet orders only rule over the SHIPS in the fleet.

I tried to code in that relationship but it got way too complicated so I dropped it, but kept the parent child relationship intact for visual purposes only so that you dont have 200 individual fleets listed when you click on the top level FLEETS link.

I may in the future, after this code is stable, try to put in some of that relationship, but there is none in at this time.

I apologize if that is confusing, but the code changes I put in will help immensely in managing stuff and are a vast improvement over what we had before.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:04 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

New ZIP update.  Download at http://galsim.nickersonm.com/galsim.zip

New Features
- Shield/Hull Strengths are now listed on unit lists and contact lists to allow you to see a quick status of ships

- ENGINE CHANGE: The following ORDER TYPES will now take effect to all subfleets underneath a parent fleet, overwriting the subfleets current values:
SET GRAVWELL ON/OFF
SET WEAPONS FREE/HOLD
SET FUEL/HULL/WARHEAD BREAK LEVEL
SET WARHEAD LOADOUT

Im slowly trying to add in other behavior that will have any subfleets with NO ORDERS follow the orders of its parent logically.  This should allow folks to do the stuff I saw them doing in my previous post.  I'll keep you updated.

Last edited by markb50k on Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:09 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

New Engine Update.  No download necessary.

New Features

for PRIORITY TARGETS, if the ship has NO PRIORITY TARGETS, the code will search up through its whole fleet parent chain for priority targets until it finds one with priority targets and will use that.  It used to do this just for its immediate parent fleet, but will now do it up the entire chain.

Have fun!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:21 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

New ZIP Update.  Download at http://galsim.nickersonm.com/galsim.zip

Bug Fix
- adding a SALVAGE order to a fleet was not working.  Fixed now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:02 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

A pretty major change is coming where now fleets with no orders will just formup and join their parent fleet.  you will be able to use this to move a parent fleet and the sub fleets will move along.  its much more complicated than that but I wanted to give yall a warning that it is coming.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:08 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

in order to try and fix some of these problems I am going to be running some 1 cycle turns over the next hour or so, so I apologize if the turns start taking a shorter time than you expect.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:06 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

New Features
- fixed bugs with original fleet changes I put out a few days ago
- NEW FLEET features
- you can give orders to a parent fleet and ANY fleet below it will follow those orders as long as they have no current orders.  This is great for moving lots of stuff around, setting break levels, docking,etc.
- any fleet that has no orders will always be attempting to get into formation with its parent fleet
- new CLEAR SUBFLEET ORDERS order that you can give to a parent fleet and it will clear all orders of the fleets below it except for current IN HYPERSPACE fleets
- new WAIT ON SUBFLEET FORMUP order can be used if you are stringing a bunch of orders together for the parent fleet.  The parent fleet will wait for all of its subfleets to form up before going on to the next order.  If the fleet is currently Berthed, it will wait for all subfleets to dock as well.  If it is not berthed, it will wait for the subfleets to get into formation position.
- because of what I just mentioned, it is probably best for you to only have like fleets in parent/child grouping, meaning fighter fleets should not be under ship fleets or else they will just move around in space instead of onboard
- break levels and set weapons status and warhead loadouts will be automatically copied down to the subfleets.  if the child break level is lower than the parent, the childs will take effect.
- SET FORMATION and VIEW FORMATION now include the child fleets and any child ships directly below the parent fleet.

Im pretty sure i put some other stuff in, but go ahead and play around and see how it works.  it should allow you to have to give orders to alot less stuff than before.

Have fun!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:01 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Bug Fix

once you are looking over orders for a ship and select one of its orders to review, you end up giving fleet orders to the ship, which wont be processed from the engine and the ship will just sit there.  fixed now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:05 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

ok i want to start putting in the economic code, so I will probably be putting it out pretty soon.  as such, i will probably put a couple of planets around the battle zone.  Expect that in the next day or so.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:51 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

New ZIP Update.  Mandatory download at http://galsim.nickersonm.com/galsim.zip

New Features
-i gave each player 1 million credits to begin testing out the economics.  I dont see me giving anymore so use it wisely.
-i created 10 new planets (well one is coruscant but it has been moved)
-options to build embassies and stuff has been enabled.
-for now you still have your instant unit access

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:33 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Please do a DB refresh before you login next time please.  Delete you u# directory and your u#.ini file.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:43 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Bug Fix
null pointer when reviewing Establish Embassy Orders

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:28 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Bug Fix
null pointer when adding Purchase Rights orders

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next