Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL: Gameplay Questions
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:00 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

i see your issue:

in the new code, ships that are not in a fleet are basically not looked at by the code for orders, so please add it to a fleet first then the orders will be processed.  sorry about that, i mentioned it before, but might not have mentioned that no orders will be processed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:21 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Alright, Thanks for the help Mark! I'm sure you stated it before but I just didn't read close enough :P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:34 am 

Hi Mark well i've had a problem with my fleet being set to jump for a few turns, as far as i can see all the fighters are loaded up into the fleet, destination is set, also when i tried to order a unit it said i didnt have enough money (i had added it up and i was was under), also the amount dosnt update (and thus it becomes very hard to track you actually funds) when you buy stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:06 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Sorry, you came on a bit late so you missed a little.  I'll explain..

you get some INSTANT UNIT funds that you can buy some units to get you started.  The amount you can spend is NOT the treasury amount you see on the main screen.  You have to look at your REPORT file in your /reports directory.  That tells you how much you can spend on IMMEDIATE reinforcements.

The TREASURY is used to build stuff the normal way, via construction.  Read the thread on Economics to understand how you start setting up your economy (using your Treasury for that).

As for your jump orders, i'll take a look.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:47 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Hey Mark, I'm trying to get back into galsim on a new computer but am having a bit of trouble. I'm not sure which file specifically I need to download from java. I tried just getting JAVA RUNTIME ENVIRONMENT 6 Update 7 but I'm not sure if that works. I can't change the galsim.bat file from a txt document so I'm pretty lost. I wish I knew more about computers but I'm pretty clueless, thanks for the help in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:11 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

I think your problem is the bat file. You need to go to tools in the top menue of the folder (along form file, edit, view etc). You then need to select folder options in the drop down menue that appears.

A option box should appear titled 'folder options' and with several tabs. Click on the one that says view. In the middle of the box should be a smaller box filled with checkable options and a scroll bar.

Find the opotion that says 'Hide extensions of known file types' and uncheck it (click untill there's no green arrow next to it).

Click Apply, then OK.

The Galsim .bat file should now appear as galsim.bat.txt

Delete the .txt at the end and enjoy.

Sorry if thats all a bit condescending but I hope it helps. Also, when you do get in be aware that it takes a good week of playing before you can actually build any ships, but after that you swiftly move from your first Corellian Corvette to ISD's.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:16 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Thanks man, that fixed my problem. Who all is still active? I haven't seen anyone or heard anyone in a while.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:17 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

As far as I can tell only myself and Eldanesh87. Thing is for the first two weeks of the econ testing it was barely playable so everyone left.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:28 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Ok, so i now have a construction ship and ive got a couple of questions about it. When i tell it to build a structure, where does it get its resources from, how many does it consume and how much does it cost? Also it doesnt give an estimated time for how long it will take to build the structure. And finally how many orders can it process at once? i.e. if i tell it to build more than one thing will it do them all simultaneously or one after the other?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:32 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Oh yes, and it doesnt give an option to select a build location which seeing as it builds fixed position structures is a pretty important thing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:53 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

The vehicle assembly plant will build 10 units per order per turn, so if you place 100 orders of 10 ships it'll build 1000 ships in a turn.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:07 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Is there a limit to how many orders you can give it each turn? Cuz if not then there is theoretically no limit to how many units it can produce per turn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:32 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

That's exactly the issue. I'm guessing it's only supposed to be able to build 10 units per turn.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:23 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

that would make it insanely obsolete; you can produce hundreds of units per turn via a contract. the assembly plant would need to be able to produce 10 units per CYCLE so 100 units per turn for it to be of use. then you could have 2 of them and it should satisfy any needs you have. bearing in mind they are like the higher level factories (they cost the same to build) - one or two should be all you need.
but the construction ship is failing to produce anything at the moment even though i have all the needed resources. im actually trying to build a vehicle assembly plant with it but it just keeps cancelling the order and doing nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:24 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Try and keep track of your resources, see if it's actually using anything

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next