OFFICIAL: Gameplay Questions

Bioshadow

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smallcraft contracted at the depot through the embassy arent being created with fuel. as for the vehicle assembly plant ive just ordered a batch of fighters from mine and idle scholar says they should have fuel, ive no doubt that that will work.

It depends on what it is that you've ordered and the method you've used to order it. Did you put in an order for some ships through your LDR or did you order a structure to be built by your embassy (if you have one yet)?

Hmm, we've been stuck on turn 1417 for a while now  :-x

Speaking for myself I'm getting to the point now where any meaningfull upgrade to my resources involves building hundreds of structures.As you can imagine entering the contract details for every single structure is getting to be a bit of a chore. Ideally you would be able to get a quick quote or something which assumes full resources and builds it in one turn. Even more ideally would be the ability to build multiple buildings at once, like you can with ships. If you have can have them appear in a grid (with the user specifying the parameters) it would massively reduce the time spent building and allow much more time for decision making.

edit: Running again now, cheers Mark. Do you want us to post in future when it goes down/pauses for a while?

edit no2: Is there any way to move orbital installations?

I built a load of missile launchers a while back and had to supply them individually with weapons cargo to arm them. Is there any way supplies can be supplied to a group rather than individually. Otherwise it's way too much micro to resupply more than a few of these things.

Could there be some sort of indicator when a ship has its gravwells on?

How do gravwells work? I think I've got my CC7700 on, but I've had a pair of NebB2's jumping in and out without being slowed down (as if there was no field there). Does it only affect enemy or neutral units, and does it exit ships from hyperspace at the boundary or just stop them leaving?

The leave atmosphere order is never being completed, so orders after on the list never execute.

There's a null pointer somewhere (yeah I know how helpfull that is.). I've tried to work out what causes it but haven't managed so far. It doesn't seem to break the game though which is why I haven't worked out why it happens.

Edited by Idle_Scholar

I definitely agree with the neeed for a quick quote system. I also think the grid system for laying down multiple contracts would be a great idea too, but i can see the code for that being a little complicated perhaps. but certainly it would save ALOT of time if all the contracts had the maximum amount of resources assigned to them as a default, as apposed to zero resources assigned as default. I also am having to lay down hundreds of small structures and typing in all the numbers then selecting a build location for them all one at a time is proving not just time consuming but tedious and not all that fun. its giving me square eyes! lol.