Troubleshooting SOGE: Rebellion v1.1 Mod (R1021 & R1041)

BubbaHo-Tep

Ahh...help please. I have to be "that guy" who can't get the mod to work.

I've gone through the instructions with a fine tooth comb multiple times and I flat out can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Seems like it should work, but it doesn't. Here's what I've got:

I'm working with Windows 7 and I extracted the R1021 mod into the "Mods-Rebellion v1.1" folder (C:\Users\Me\Documents\My Games\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Mods-Rebellion v1.1). Then, I extracted the R1041 mod into the same folder (overwriting existing files).

Next, I modified the EnabledMods file so it reads:

TXT

Version 0

enabledModNameCount 3

enabledModName "SoGE Rxxxx Reb - Alliance"

enabledModName "SoGE Rxxxx Reb - Vong"

enabledModName "SoGE Rxxxx Reb - CORE"

But, when I run the game, the only races that come up are the default ones (no mention of any SW races). I know this probably means I installed it wrong, but I'm at a loss as to how I messed it up.

The only possibilities I can think of are that either my file structure is wrong (which I don't think it is) or I'm trying to use mods on a version of the game that doesn't support it...

For file structure, I've got it set up so that the following folders/files are located directly in the Mods-Rebellion v1.1 folder:

SoGE Documentation

SoGE R1021 Reb - Alliance

SoGE R1021 Reb - CIS

SoGE R1021 Reb - CORE

SoGE R1021 Reb - New Republic

SoGE R1021 Reb - Republic

SoGE R1021 Reb - Vong

EnabledMods.txt

SoGE R1021 ReadMe.txt

SoGE R1041 Patch ReadMe.txt

And as far as I can tell, that's how it's supposed to be. So, does that mean I'm running on a hamster wheel here by trying to use R1021 and R1041 with Rebellion v1.1? Meh.

Any help/insight would be much appreciated.

• SWR Staff - Executive

Assuming you modified your text file with the revision matching your folder names

SoGE R1021 Reb - Alliance

SoGE R1021 Reb - Vong

SoGE R1021 Reb - CORE

Seems like it should work. What does the Mod Path say in Sins?

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

This is going to sound extremely silly, but did you remember to put a blank line after [enabledModName "SoGE Rxxxx Reb - CORE"]? Without a blank space, the game will be unable to properly read your EnabledMods.txt.
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.