V2.1 AI is inactive

bornloser

I have notice that in every SOGE skirmish I play, the AI builds a few factories, some scout ships, and explores my territory, but that's it. They don't build combat ships or attack me at all. Is anyone else having this problem or is AI just not implemented yet?

I answered this on the moddb page already, so I'll copy/paste that answer and tweak it. The AI pretty much sucks on most pre-made maps, unless you start out with multiple planets. This is mainly due to the planets mod, which has colonization techs far down the Civilian tree. That and virtually all of the AI stuff is hardcoded and cannot be modified.

Unfortunately there isn't any real fix for this, though the "Enlarged - Extra Planets" random maps greatly help alleviate this issue by giving players two additional planets and ensuring the first few planets you encounter either require the Arctic colonization tech or no tech at all to colonize it.

However, I must admit that recently I noticed that what we previously thought the AI "used" in order to calculate how much of each frigate/cruiser it needed was incorrect. This has been recently fixed in my working version of the beta, and is awaiting the restoration of the SVN server to be added. These changes will be included in the next full release of SoGE, which will likely come about sometime in May; though this would not cause the issue(s) you have experienced.

Which map(s) were you playing on when you experienced this behavior?

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

I answered this on the moddb page already, so I'll copy/paste that answer and tweak it. The AI pretty much sucks on most pre-made maps, unless you start out with multiple planets. This is mainly due to the planets mod, which has colonization techs far down the Civilian tree. That and virtually all of the AI stuff is hardcoded and cannot be modified.

Unfortunately there isn't any real fix for this, though the "Enlarged - Extra Planets" random maps greatly help alleviate this issue by giving players two additional planets and ensuring the first few planets you encounter either require the Arctic colonization tech or no tech at all to colonize it.

However, I must admit that recently I noticed that what we previously thought the AI "used" in order to calculate how much of each frigate/cruiser it needed was incorrect. This has been recently fixed in my working version of the beta, and is awaiting the restoration of the SVN server to be added. These changes will be included in the next full release of SoGE, which will likely come about sometime in May; though this would not cause the issue(s) you have experienced.

Which map(s) were you playing on when you experienced this behavior?

My bad. Didn't know you replied on moddb. I was playing on balance of power (Also tried modifying the map so that every planet was already colonized, which would fit better with star wars lore anyway, but that didn't help)