Diplomacy

Seatbelt

Hey there. Back from Egypt and undergrad and after a year finally have time to game again. My friend and I want to play SoGE but we've upgraded to Diplomacy. Is SoGE compatible or do I have to conduct wankery to make it work?

• SWR Staff - Executive
It isn't updated for Diplomacy. Just use Entrenchment

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

And being not exactly sure of the meaning of "wankering", I'd add that a genuine copy with working cd keys that haven't been cracked or anything is mandatory if you don't want a minidump fest (thrust me, I've bought a Thai version that was probably used and its been hell, enven though vanilla worked like a charm...)

Hey there. Back from Egypt and undergrad and after a year finally have time to game again. My friend and I want to play SoGE but we've upgraded to Diplomacy. Is SoGE compatible or do I have to conduct wankery to make it work?

If you really want to use it with Diplomacy, you'll have to add the line "allegianceDecreasePerRoundtrip 0.000" (0.0 can be changed to whatever) to all of the frigates/cruisers, use a different Gameplay.constants, update the Strings file (aka. add in the new strings Diplomacy uses), plus get the whole Envoy tech tree working. It isn't too hard to upgrade to Diplomacy, I could easily make a working Gameplay.constants and add the line, the tech would take time however.

Though atm I'd much rather get the Entrenchment version done first, and I believe that it's fairly close to completion, NR frigate fleet notwithstanding.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.