Strategies

MrPhildevil

Hello, I've played the mod a few times and I tend to get crushed most easely. So I wondered if any of you had some strategies that makes-it a little easier to survive the AI and possible to actually take some planets to the neutral AI without wasting much time?.

build a small fleet, 8 or so heavy frigates and a few cruisers. Use these to kill neutrals and take planets early. Then build up heavy cruisers and capitals to kill enemy fleets. Ignore using frigates for the most part, though they are great fodder against small enemy fleets or neutrals. Use capitals and heavy cruisers for your main fleets, with cruiser-frigate fleets for fodder, scouting, neutrals, mine clearing, ect. Turrets are your friend! Golans are awesome a few of them with a mix of ion and turbolaser turrets can hold a enemy fleet till help arrives or even drive them off. Mines are effective also, though i find them just annoying. Your call. Have fun!

pha, just use the buy/sell buttons if you're in a small game. They let you trade resources. :P So you can build up your fleet quickly by buying the resources your low on. or selling the ones you have extra of. But getting more planets is always the best route to get more stuff. :D