What is your favorite ship?

Evaders99

• SWR Staff - Executive
Just a question... what is your favorite ship? Why? :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• SWR Staff - Executive

favorite ship in the mod or in general?

In general I'd probably say MC90

if it's in the mod at this point I'd go with the Tector, but things are changing so I might like a new one soon

• SWR Staff - Executive
Either - in mod or general... just trying to drive some discussion :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The Liberator is my favorite hull. The CC96 is my peon ship of choice. AOE damage for the win. Overall most useful ship? The MC30. In Sins missiles = win, it seems. The MC30 has missiles, but also survivability.

Of course the Independence is bad ass. I love my Defiance/MC80 super cap.

One thing about this mod is that its changed the way I refer to things. There are frigates, cruisers, Star Destroyers/Mon Cals are obviously capital ships. So the things that use up capital ship supply I have taken to calling "super capitals."

I love the ISD Command...I only wish it was based on the ISD2 model instead of the Imperator. ISD2 makes a LOT more sense as a command ship, anyway. Plus, if I want an ISD2 as a capital ship I have to get a Tector and sacrifice the fighter capabilities.

• 2 weeks later...
I seem to be something of a minority here then, since I lean more toward the Venator class vessels. Correction, I love the style of them, the ISD series after the Victory just feel clunky to me but the Venator is sleek, fast and heavily armed. Although trying to compare the two is kinda like comparing a grizzly bear and a tiger.

I seem to be something of a minority here then, since I lean more toward the Venator class vessels. Correction, I love the style of them, the ISD series after the Victory just feel clunky to me but the Venator is sleek, fast and heavily armed. Although trying to compare the two is kinda like comparing a grizzly bear and a tiger.

I agree to some extent. Venators are cool. But I hate the rest of the Republic ships. Largely because I'm not familliar with them I think. But I've never liked the red diplomatic cruiser from TPM and a lot of their small ships are based on that fugly design.

Honestly, the more I play with the Vong the more I absolutely adore the Miid Roik capital ship (with my damage balances and plasma cannons replacing autocannons). Its abilities aren't that great, but it is a REALLY solid capital ship.

• 2 months later...

Dreadnought i like the ship

if i were a captain of a ship it would be a dreadnought

big enough to fight against pirates and big enough to transport good stuff from point a to b (of course not everything would be legal but hey thats life)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Favourite in game ships, SSD, Dreadnought & Mon Remonda.

Fav ships that arent in game, Eclipse SSD, E-Wing, Tie Defender & lastly the Hapan Nova-class battle cruiser (it just looks awesome)

Current System

XMD X4 970 BE

8 gig ddr3 Corsair

ATI HD5750 1GIG GDDR5

• 1 year later...

Favorite in game - Venator, Allegiance (wish I could have fleets of those 2 working together, the decently armed carrier Venator supporting the incredibly well armed Allegiance!!), Strike-class cruiser.

Favorite not in game - Tie Avenger, Skipray Blastboat, Praetor-II star battlecruiser, Sovereign class star dreadnaught.

Well, you can have the Praetor and the Venator working together... The Allegiance's stats were based off of the Praetor's; the two ships play virtually the same way with similar firepower.
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Why'd you do that? The Praetor is twice the length of the Allegiance and is a "general use" battlecruiser since it carries fighters/bombers, making it essentially a triple sized ISD (that looks WAY nicer). Whereas the Allegiance is a dedicated warship, essentially an overgrown Tector.

Well, if anything, the Allegiance is the ship that's currently out of it's element; when I rigged it up I didn't really know what it's size was, and as a result I've essentially scaled it up for gameplay purposes. That being said, I do plan to entirely redo the supercaps' stats, as other than the Executor/Viscount/World Ship, most of the supercaps aren't really that well balanced and need work.

Well, if anything, the Allegiance is the ship that's currently out of it's element; when I rigged it up I didn't really know what it's size was, and as a result I've essentially scaled it up for gameplay purposes. That being said, I do plan to entirely redo the supercaps' stats, as other than the Executor/Viscount/World Ship, most of the supercaps aren't really that well balanced and need work.

That's cool then. Yeah, while I like the Allegiance, they're "meh" in their design. I think the Praetor is AWESOME looking.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120901014725/swfanon/images/thumb/8/88/Praetor_mark_ii.jpg/320px-Praetor_mark_ii.jpg

so much cooler looking than

Allegiance SSD

which other than a few minor differences just looks like every other star destroyer that tom, dick, and harry have (linked due to margin raping). :)

At the time, we didn't have (and still lack) access to a Praetor Mk.II model, but a perfectly usable Allegiance model was around. The Allegiance was put into the mod a year ago as of Feb. 14... Seeing as how it's fully rigged, and rigged well, there is no rush to replace it at all, even if it's size/armament is of terrible canon.