Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 527 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: SVN Update Log
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:06 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

sloosecannon wrote:
@Lavo: Did you put the updated string file up there too? Cause I changed it from "phase jump" to "hyperspace jump" and made a couple other canon tweaks

I added some of your strings to the strings file, namely changing "Phase" to "Hyperspace", among others. I -might- have missed some of them however.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:21 am 
<!-- Lieutenant //-->

Okay I'll check... I really wish I could commit right now

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:19 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

Update: April 22nd, 2011

The Vong have been rehauled. All their ships now fire Vong-like projectiles and their weapons are now boosted by research techs. Vong cruisers have had their build time, supply cost, and cost reworked, among other things. Their ships are all extremely powerful, and cost a bit more than all the other factions on average, supply included. Pray that you never get an aggressive Vong AI. They will dominate unless you act hard and fast.

Fixed the first capital ship being free on many maps, this should not have happened, and I forgot to check this when I added NU 1.2 to the SVN.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:03 am 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

Update: April 24th, 2011

Vong cruisers have had their shield replenish rate restored to 25; they had been reduced to 15 during the rehaul, but this turned out to be a mistake. Planetary Shield Generators now have shields. Star base upgrade times have been slashed, from 60 to 15, which means that a station can be fully upgraded (once built) in 2 minutes. Starbase constructors and the Vong's station have had their speed and acceleration upgraded. Vong capitals now have 5000 shielding. Minor change in the Deploy Star Base abilities, now cost 0 AntiMatter instead of 0 resources. The Vong constructor has a weapon that does 0 and doesn't fire anything; this was added in to get rid of an annoying error that showed up with ShowErrors on after it was constructed. The BAC can now bomb planets. All cruiser and capital weapons which were 12000 range are now 10000. The Procurator's missiles now have 10000 range. This was done as the 12000 appears to have either been in error or implemented really badly. For example, the ISD I (cruiser and capital) had 12000 range while the ISD II (cruiser and capital) had 10000 range. The main guns on the Mandator and Malevolance have been extended to 12000. Also the Mandator can now fire it's missile batteries from it's left and right sides now. Base Delta Zero (BDZ) and Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) abilities have been boosted, peaking at 3000 damage and 360 population killed. The Planetary Shield Breach abilities now kill an additional 50 people per level. Cruisers and capitals now kill 4 times as many people per bomb. These planet bombing changes were implemented due to the addition of NU. The ISD has also had it's bombing a bit reworked, however it's DPS remains the same as before.

The NR and Vong now have their own proper faction names and capital ship names. I really lack the former, having 2 for the NR and 3 for the Vong, so suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This update will not break old saved games, though the name changes will not show up in an old saved game.

Edit: The Planetary Shield Breach abilities have had their planet damage values increased, capping at 28000 for the laser version and 39000 for the torpedo version.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:12 am 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

Update: April 27th, 2011

Fixed Ion Dispersal Cannon ability, I screwed it up earlier. Also changed the Vong's cruisers' shield restore rate again. Really do need feedback on the Vong.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:50 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

Update: April 28th, 2011

You know those annoying little, useless defenses? They're going to be a pain in the $%& now. All but the Ion Cannon have been updated, as per the following:

Turbolaser Defense: Range extended to 20 000, now uses up 0 tactical slots. So while it is still fairly weak, it can be massed in numbers. This also will help the backwater planets that have virtually no tactical slots; make turbolasers. In SW they're a galactic standard, and as they are by no means exemplary as defenses, I think this will be fine.

Hangar Defense: Range for main guns and missiles extended to 20 000, secondary lasers extended to 12 000.

Missile Defense: Now has a good deal more health. They also cost a bit more, but the trade-off is well in your favor.

Golan Platform: Lasers now have 20 000 range.

These are not all set in stone and are merely initial changes; as usual feedback is appreciated and encouraged.

Edit: Also the Hardcell Transport is now a scout. In reality it was never used for combat; having been used as a transport. The AI also liked spamming these at times for some reason, much to it's detriment, and this will alleviate that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:54 am 
<!-- Lieutenant Commander //-->

Will test these this weekend they all sound great though a nice set of changes imo.

Also on a side note any idea on when it/if will switch to diplomacy? I'm was looking into buying the other day but have no real point unless we change over to it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:18 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

Update: April 29th, 2011

Venators (all) can now fire missiles from it's sides. Miid Roik (capital) and Clustership's main guns' rate of fire has been changed to 7.5 seconds between shots; this is the standard for capital ships and is something I meant to do with the Vong rehaul, but missed. Upped the Torpedo Sphere's shielding to 20000 and Hull Restore Rate to 4. Imperial Dreadnaught has a shield restore rate of 10, on par with it's Republic brother and other non-ISD Imperial cruisers. Missile Defense now has a shield restore rate of 10, up from 8. Turbolaser Defense's cost has been reduced, shield restore rate doubled to 10, and firepower decreased a good deal (now it's at approx the same firepower as the Tector and Miid Roik's main guns).

Snowba11 wrote:
Also on a side note any idea on when it/if will switch to diplomacy? I'm was looking into buying the other day but have no real point unless we change over to it.

I have no idea when the switchover will be tbh. Pretty much when Evaders tells me to I'll switch or something... Though I'm a bit tied up now by school, so personally I'd prefer to wait until that's done before doing the switch (as I'm sure there will be a chunk of compatibility stuff to do >_<). More importantly perhaps is that the Vong are nearly well balanced.

If the Vong are fixed up before the switch to Diplomacy, this would be ideal, as at that point I can worry far less about ship/faction balancing and focus on the Diplomacy tech tree, stations, tactical structures, plus ship, structure, and research costs (aka. increasing them).

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:39 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

Update: May 1st, 2011

Did this while the forums were down, missile techs have been fixed up, the first damage and range missile techs are now for fighters/frigates, while the last two are for cruisers/capitals/structures. Penetration is still for both however This was done in order to bring these in line with the descriptions, balance, and in order to ensure that missiles don't get an obscene range increase. Of course, I'm open to change on the missile damage changes, and have been considering reverting that one in particular; as to bring the total amount of bonuses more in line with their Turbolaser counterparts.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:48 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

Update: May 2nd, 2011

Turbolaser Defenses now cost 0.3 tactical slots each. To put this in perspective, if you use 6 tactical slots for Turbolasers, you can have 20 of those turrets. I might put down the tactical slot usage to 0.2, which would allow for 30 turrets with 6 tactical slots, but I'll wait for some feedback first.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:41 pm 
<!-- Sergeant //-->

I'd let the damage stack, reduce them all slightly if the total +dmg is too much.
Not really sure about range nerf, didn't see much difference.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:47 pm 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

Update: May 6th, 2011

Lucrehulk BB range fixed, Providence (both) missiles have greater range (still less than Turbolasers), Vong capitals have had more fixes, the missing strings from the Defense tree have been added. Edit: Forgot to mention, Missile and Turbolaser Defenses have had their shield refresh rate reduced to 8; with proper Defense research this goes up to 10 however.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:49 am 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

Update: May 7th, 2011

ISD has had it's bombing reworked, again, as I didn't know that burstCount is purely cosmetic. It has the same DPS as before the change however. The Nebula/Rejuvinator SD now have the ISD's planet bombing stats, as well, it is supposed to basically be a smaller but upgraded ISD. The supercaps which had "standard" planet bombing stats now have stats which are equal to that of the ISD's. The Vong's supercap now has the same planet bombing stats as the Executor/Viscount/Praetor/Mon Remonda/Geo SDN/others. In addition, population killed per bombing has been redone again, now it is 2.5 times as much as it was before it was changed to 4 times. This was done as population killed simply went from one extreme to another; from never killing people to slaughtering them very quickly.

Edit: Hardcell now properly works as a scout; it won't go and join fleets and attack ships unless ordered to. The Counselor corvette also no longer uses a fighter attack (forgot to put this in earlier).

soul0reaper wrote:
I'd let the damage stack, reduce them all slightly if the total +dmg is too much.

I'll probably nerf their damage again.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:36 am 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

Update: May 15th, 2011

Vong's Scout Ship has had it's main missile battery damage doubled to 222.75, MC60 and Battle Dragon have Heavy instead of VeryHeavy armor, Nebula SD no longer requires research, now has cruiser Ion Volley and tractor beams for it's abilities, and has slightly more powerful main guns. Edit: The Vong's Gunboat now properly functions as a scout.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:53 am 
<!-- Grand Admiral -->

Update: May 16th, 2011

Capital ships and supercaps now properly fire forwards, when appropriate. Star bases have had their shielding and hull points reversed; they're much more durable now. The BAC and Battle Dragon have had their accel/turn values upped, Proficient has been redone, it's essentially an NR Recusant now, the Defender has been reworked and it's now basically a modern Dreadnaught without planet bombing capabilities but can colonize, and the Majestic has been reworked, it's now competing with the BAC to be the NR's second best cruiser. The BAC also now has Missile Barrage instead of cruiser's Torpedo Volley, for balancing reasons. I've also included something I believe should reduce late game lag, do tell me it helps at all. Also, if you figure out what it is, don't say what I did, I want to see what people have to say about lag first. ;)

Edit: Jump Blocker, Interdictor, CC-2200, CC-7700, and Vua'spar now require Gravity Wells to be researched before they can be researched. This was put in as the AI has a tendency to use these vessels and structure without Gravity Wells researched, which, in all cases but the Vua'spar, essentially makes the ship useless as the ship is only useful due to it's Gravity Well Generator ability.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 527 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next