SVN Update Log

Lavo

The purpose of this thread is to keep track of SVN updates, aka. I plan to post here whenever I do an update, and briefly mention what was done. The OP will also list when the SVN was last updated, along with the latest revision number. We are currently using TortoiseSVN to v1.7.x as our SVN program.

Latest Update: January 28, 2014 | Revision: 1125

Edited by Lavo
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: Feb 28, 2011

Changed some GalaxySenDef values, attempted to improve/balance the Research AI (this will likely be an ongoing project), and a minor fix for the Interconnected maps.

Update: March 2nd, 2011

Changed the weapons loadout of the Viscount a bit. Notably, the point defense lasers were removed and switched with missile batteries.

Update: March 4th, 2011.

SSD and Viscount have had their shielding and armour notably decreased, metal cost decreased, credits and crystal costs increased. This was done in order to bring them in line with the other supercaps in terms of health and cost per capita. I'll post up the math which explains this later.

Edited by Lavo

Woah woah woah. they are supposed to have more health. this is due to their size. you are messing with the crown jewel of this mod, be careful. math or no math.

They still have considerably more health than all of the other supercaps. ;) And yes, I do realize I am playing with fire here, and these changes are by no means permanent. However, these two were just extremely under-priced (and they still have the best overall prices), I had three choices in order to not make them utter game enders. 1) Slash their health. (This was never an option, and for good reason.) 2) Up their costs a lot. 3) Do a middle ground between both, which is what I have attempted.

Part of why they had so much health is their high shield mitigation value, which is higher than all the other supercaps bar the Vong's. Anyways, the math, v2 refers to the re-balancing I did.

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad33/Lavo_02/SoGE/sogesupercapstats2.png

In addition, if people have constructive criticism and/or ingame experience that they have with the SSD and Viscount after these changes, please, please post it. As it's only with these sorts of posts that I can help get a really good picture on these types of changes, plus of course playing a lot of Sins myself, and time is something that I do not have a lot of.

Update: March 7th, 2011

Seems I totally forgot to upload all of the Window stuff from Nova's planets addition when I added it to the SVN. This has been fixed... To all who have been playing while missing planet icons and such, I deeply apologize for this stupidity on my part. Also fixed a missing space in the Interconnected Trio map.

Update: March 7th, 2011 (again)

Converted/re-saved a bunch of textures, with no loss of quality. As well, planets, 'roids, ships, etc were not touched.

The Stardock and Impulse splashscreens, loading screens (bar the SoGE leaders/characters), Refinery, Trade, and Construction ships, taken from The Sins Optimization Project, were added/pasted over which do have a slight loss of quality.

These changes should help with the lag a little.

Update: March 12th, 2011

Carrack tractor beams no longer affect a ship once it has hyperspaced out of a system, as it should. Vong Hangar Defense and Golan III now spawn Vong fighters and bombers. The lack of any starting stuff for the Asteroid in all the Extra Planets Random maps has been fixed. ISD (capital) and Tectors have been slightly improved. Victory (capital) has been modified. Ship Graveyards have been added. Please note, these are not in any of the Random planetTypes. They have only been added to be used as a possible tool or addition in custom maps. Colonizer frigates (except: Gladiator for Imps, Ship Shr'a for Vong) can capture these ships. Edit (4:20 am EST): MC60's Torpedo Volley ability has been removed. BAC's Backup Shields have been removed, replaced with Torpedo Volley.

Update: March 13th, 2011

Backup Shields for the MC60, MC90, and Viscount have been nerfed. They're still quite useful, just not overpowering as previously. Also minor tweaks, etc.

Update: March 14th, 2011

Well... Where do I begin... For starters, the Intercept ability actually works now, rather than sending a ship half-way away from where it's trying to go towards, or hopelessly making a massive u-turn, though it seems that with certain small distances, a ship can overshoot it's target and infinitely keep trying to speed to the target. Requesting feedback on this attempted fix.

The Viscount has had it's Defensive Tactics ability removed, Backup Shields slightly boosted (it peaks at 300 shield/second, which is what it formally started at, rather than the pitiful 150), and also costs a bit more Crystal. The SSD now has the Oppression ability, because well, it's pretty appropriate. Most capital ships have had a slight re-haul, the ISD Command and Tector in particular, which in addition to the re-haul, have had their Oppression ability replaced with Fleet Coordination and Alpha Strike, respectfully. The Lucrehulk now sport 12 squadrons, up from 8. The Victory capital has been removed... I'm sorry about this, it was a creation of mine, but it just didn't fit in with the balancing at all, plus the Reps already have 3 capitals.

The Providence, ISDI, ISDII, MC60, and Nebula SD cruisers have all been slightly adjusted.

Update: March 15th, 2011

I realized that with the shielding tech tree I made an unintentional boost, that shield regen was higher than normal. This has been fixed, the fourth shielding tech in the line now no longer has a shield regen boost (this is makes this tree have a total equal shield regen as the regular/average tech tree).

Update: March 16th, 2011

SSD/Viscount have tractor beams, Viscount costs a bit more crystal. Ion Dispersal Cannon now hits multiple targets.

Update: March 17th, 2011

All Vong ships have had a weapons fix... Now they shouldn't be as utterly overwhelming. Need feedback on these changes, to see if they haven't been utterly nerfed.

You having fun messing with the cap ships? I think too much fun.... :lol:

Not really, I noticed that several capital ships had lower armour points than their respective cruiser variants, which in all honesty, made no sense at all. Well, except for the NR caps, which I lowered a bit. :v

Lavo,

Any chance you can make a short list when you make changes, this way us testers can zero in on the changes and how they affect gameplay?

That's what I do with each update, I say what I've changed/added. ;)

I was just interested in which cap ship armor was changed and the + number.

Quick note: some the portraits available in the pirate/relationship screen are not available at the player setup screen.

I was just interested in which cap ship armor was changed and the + number.

Quick note: some the portraits available in the pirate/relationship screen are not available at the player setup screen.

Oh, you mean details. I won't lie, I'm too lazy to keep track of exact numbers. For which caps got changed specifically; Venators, Providence, MC90, Rejuvinator, Procurator, ISD Command, and Tector. For all but the NR, the change was +1. For the NR it was a reduction of 0.8 for the MC90, and 0.6 for the Rej, iirc.