SOGE 1.0E feedback

EvilleJedi

• 5 weeks later...
with the Venator ACRS it has an ability called Intercept. I dont think the AI is very good at fast flying. because ussually the ship just gets confused and starts turning. or over shoots there enemy by a long long way. i just turn it off now, is there anyway to fix that?

• 4 months later...
The Ion Cannon ability is too powerful. Two of them can keep a super capital like the SSD or Independence on permanent lockdown (which I liked at first, but now idk..). My buddy figured out that it was better to spam a bunch of those in a system (like 6-10) and then reinforce with nearby fleets and other fixed emplacements. He utterly destroyed my fleet (with a few straggler expceptions, all cruisers and the maximum # of capitals, most of them the big, beefy capitals) with fairly insignificant losses of his own. I destroyed the planet's economy but only because I had to cruise around the system and hunt ion turrets for my ships to be effective. Their fire regen rate is really fast and the range is too long. It should have a long range, but not the entire system.

• SWR Staff - Executive
Good feedback! That's what we're hoping to get, players who really can get involved and suggest improvements. That will encourage more frequent updates too :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

The executer's range is very long, too. I'm pretty sure all its guns fire from maximum range. I'd say reduce the range of 50% of its weapons (so closing with it really is suicidal) or give it some ability to extend the range of its guns once in a while (maximize the forward batteries...?). This would also make it a little more killable because ships could either flee from it, or you could shell it from long range with missile ships.

The Corellian Gunship gets the scout ability, which is nifty but has some problems.

1: It starts auto enabled. So when you build them they immediately start scouting. I lost 10 of them before I noticed this and I had intended to use them as anti-fighter platforms

2: As a late-game scout it's not terribly useful. Its not fast enough to avoid fire from a defended site. It is not strong enough to take fire from a defended site. Even a squad of them get owned. It lacks meaningful scout abilities too. For scouting potential you're better off with the corellian corvette..

Which has problems of its own. It's not smart enough to always activate the damage immunity ability before taking serious fire/getting killed. When you do it manually, it cancels a move order. So you waste valuable seconds reordering the move.

• SWR Staff - Executive
I think the scout ability probably needs to be removed for the gunship. I agree that the scouts are too weak to really avoid fire, they die too fast

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

ya, i'm going to fix some of that with my planets. I'm going to make the grav wells much bigger and also make it possible to jump up to 45 degrees on either side of the jump point. This should make scouting much easier as well as more star warsey. I also have a problem with the ion cannons, they should kill the sheild before incapacitating the ship. Their range should be about half the range of a turbolaser. The executor should also have the SAME exact range as a SD, they have the same exact weapons, the SDN just has more of them. There are a few more things but i'll look them up first.