Mandalorians

Iron_Wings

Hi guys, I'm new here. I didn't find the information I was looking for (:)) nor did I find a thread to introduce myself. Anyway, I'm English, 30s, not a SOASE modder but I have modded and led mods for the Total War games for many years, I am nervously considering jumping in to all this, but I reckon Rebellion would be a smarter bet, alas my system won't run it! I'm currently downloading the mod for Trinity, but I cannot find any info on factions.

I am pretty sure though that you haven't got the Mandalorians included. Now I did see someone get chastised for not reading the FAQ (which I can't find here either) on why no more factions would be included. However, if someone could take the time the time to chat with me about their love/hate/negligence of the Galaxy's finest I'd be awfully chuffed.

Cheers

• SWR Staff - Executive

While we're not hard-capped on factions anymore, we do use considerable resources to support 6 factions. The engine just cannot handle so much. Adding any more is a considerable effort.

Also, we're pretty much focused on large warship naval factions. The Mandalorians (at least in the GCW era - we're not going into KOTOR era) were much more ragtag loosely organized group. They don't really have the diversity and factory-produced scale of any other group.

FAQ:

viewtopic.php?p=549733#p549733

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Trinity has the same requirements as Rebellion... I'm surprised you can't get Rebellion to run. The old Ent build is an entirely different beast from the Rebellion one, hope you enjoy it regardless.

Now I did see someone get chastised for not reading the FAQ (which I can't find here either) on why no more factions would be included..

Maybe because it's included with the mod itself? I'm not going to delve any more into this, or else it will result in me being extremely crude as usual on moddb.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Thanks for the responses guys. As I say, I was downloading the game but I was looking for the FAQ here on the forums, my bad.

I'd actually argue that the Mandos were quite strong in the post-New Republic era and against the Vong. They also had ships such as the Lictor, Keldabii etc but yes certainly a reliance are much smaller ships- I think they have the greatest variety of fighters in the lore.

• SWR Staff - Executive
Yes, you are free to make your own submod for SOGE :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Sure! Feel free to send me the strings and various manifest entries (snippets I can copy/paste into the files) you need to be added to SoGE proper when you're ready to push it out.
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Do have any tips regarding making a new tech tree?

My idea is to totally overhaul it, basing it onstead on the hundreds(?) of startship, vehicles, weapons and propulsions corporations in the lore. So a player has to research or 'buy' a contract with the corporation in order to gain access to techs...

I'd also like to try and create a map with all the planets I can, but I am assuming my machine won't even be able to handle it.