dominator star destroyer

fenix1991722

hey guys,

been playing the crap out of this mod, and beta testing multiplayer.

one thing has come to mind as my awesome imperial fleets crush those rebel scum, i lack an imobilizer that can handle the late game. i was wondering if the dominator star destroyer is going to be added at some point?

cheers fenix

No. The odds of it being added are very low. If you're worried about losing an Immobilizer 418 or two; keep it slightly away from the main battle, this is easily done thanks to it's large GWG range.
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

It's mainly a balance thing; capital ship interdictors is something I'd rather not put in, with some exceptions. Interdictors as it is are very powerful, preventing ships from entering hyperspace is arguably more powerful than say in EaW, as this allows for a true "lock down" of a region or area. The Imperials also only have 2 capital ship slots open, 1 if you want to use VSD-Is, which doesn't leave much breathing room.

The Imperials in particular have one of the best interdictors in the game; the Immobilizer 418 and Vua'spar have the best range in the game, after the Geonosian SDN (CIS supercapital; the CIS has no frigate/cruiser sized interdictor) and the system-wide stationary Gravity Well Generator. The two aforementioned cruisers have a range of 50000, which is very much outside the range of any ship/structure's weaponry and abilities.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.