Any way to code in something to tell ships to close range??

tlmiller

I noticed that a vast majority of my ships like to set back and use their longest range weapons. That's fine for things like Broadsides and Torpedoe Sphere's, but not so good for things like the Tector. Is there any way to code in something so that you can tell your ships to engage enemies from close range to bring their maximum amount of weaponry to bear? As is I just manually tell them to move forward and suddenly the damage being done on their enemies SKYROCKETS. but with larger fleets, it gets really difficult to micromanage like that.

• SWR Staff - Executive
I'm guessing this is behavior of the Sins engine itself and we don't have a way to set that. You'd have to manually micro your ships.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

You can change the m_weaponIndexForRange for single ship entities sure, but there isn't a fleet command like that. Additionally, such a fleet command would be fubar in SoGE due to the anti-fighter guns some ships have.
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

You can change the m_weaponIndexForRange for single ship entities sure, but there isn't a fleet command like that. Additionally, such a fleet command would be fubar in SoGE due to the anti-fighter guns some ships have.

Might be something I look into. Doubt it though. If it has to be changed for each unit, and I'd have to change it on each pc (I'm in IT, so I have 2 desktops I play on and 3 laptops), it's probably just as easy to keep micromanaging. :)