StarWars Galaxy Max

Snowba11

Ok so I made this map for use with SOGE using the NU planets. It is working with the current version of both mods.(thanks Lavo) It is a single star map with 188 planets from the star wars universe. I used many different sources for placement, arrangement, choice and types of planets in this map. (thanks wookiepedia was a valuable research tool.) Now it is a 7 player fixed starting location map, however one of the main things I'm considering is changing it to random places, so please leave feedback especially regarding starting locations. The locations are as follows with recommended factions:

1 Coruscant Republic,Empire,New republic

2 Yavin IV Alliance

3 Geonosis CIS

4 Mon Calamari New Republic

5 Zonamo Sekot Vong

6 Byss Empire

7 Kamino Republic

Please leave any feedback good or bad as I would like to improve the map further and get it as good as I can. Any suggestions are always welcome, and hopefully you will enjoy playing my map.

Download Available here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20617995/Star+Wars+Galaxy+Max.galaxy New Link

if the link goes down let me know and I will re upload it.

Screenshot here:

http://playstuff.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=539

Install instructions:

1>Download the map

2>Copy and Paste into (64bit system) > Username>AppData>Local>IroncladGames>Sins>ModsEntrenchement1.051>entrenchment>galaxy

3>Next you need to open your galaxy.manifest file in the entrenchment folder and add the following line to the page: fileName "Star Wars Galaxy Max" and also add 1 to the total at the top of the page.

OR instead of completing step 3 simply download this one here and replace it in your entrenchment folder listed in step 2. http://www.gamefront.com/files/20437502/galaxy.manifest

Hopefully this will help.

Edited by Snowba11

Do make sure that randomizeStartingPositions is set to FALSE so that one can properly place players. I haven't checked the new vers of the map; so you may or may not have have changed this already.
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

• 1 month later...
mmmmm....

I'm not sure but when I click download it just comes up with a whole heap of text relating to the map, what do I do? *panicks* I'm assuming it has something to do with galaxy forge?

When you click the download link, it should take you to file front with a large blue download button in the middle towards the right hand side of the page.

Once you download the file you need to cut and paste it into the correct folder of the mod. *instructions above*.

You then need to edit your galaxy.manifest file in the mod, is this where you mean there is a wall of text ? If so let me know and I will link a version of mine maybe easier.

Out of interest have you converted all your files over to text versions ?

Ok this is what I do;

click the link on this page, takes me to gamefront

click download link on gamefront and it takes me to a page saying your download will start soon

then a wall of text appears on a blank page, all of it relates to the map

heres an example:

TXT

versionNumber 3

isBrowsable TRUE

browsePictureName ""

browseName ""

browseDescription "Star Wars Galaxy Large!!"

isFirstCapitalShipIsFlagship FALSE

randomizeStartingPositions FALSE

planetArtifactDensity 0.150000

planetBonusDensity 0.400000

normalStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:Population 3

normalStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:CivilianModules 3

normalStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:TacticalModules 0

normalStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:Home 1

normalStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:ArtifactLevel 10

normalStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:Infrastructure 4

quickStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:Population 5

quickStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:CivilianModules 5

quickStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:TacticalModules 5

quickStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:Home 1

quickStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:ArtifactLevel 10

quickStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:Infrastructure 5

recommendedGameTypeCount 0

metersPerGalaxyUnit 25000.000000

pixelsPerGalaxyUnit 1.820001

useRandomGenerator FALSE

galaxyWidth 2000.000000

galaxyHeight 2100.000000

nextStarNameUniqueId 3

nextPlanetNameUniqueId 205

starCount 1

star

designName "Star1"

inGameName ""

type "RandomStar"

pos [ 1000 , 1100 ]

radius 1000.000000

planetCount 188

That worked, great map. 1 question, how do I make myself spawn in other locations? I've tried both old republic and CIS and both start on corusant.

Yeah thats the thing when I first thought about spawning I thought the way to do it would be simply assigning each player number a faction and thus a fixed starting position assigned via the player number. Then to decide on your own team it would be a case of making say player 4 as the human player, however afterwards I realised this was not possible even though in my head I seemed to remember being able to move the human player number position down to suite.

The only way around this would probably be to either make a few versions of the mpa each with player 1 set to their own positon. ie map1 empire, map2 CIS, mpa 3 Rebel and so on. Or if you wanted load the map in galaxy forge and switch the home starting planet between player 1 and which ever player number (faction) you require to play with. IE switch player 1 home coruscant with player 3 home yavin, thus making player 1 rebels and player 3 imperial.

Glad you enjoy the map cheers. Quick few questions for you if you dont mind. 1> Did you suffer much lag especially towards the end of your game ? 2> How many players did you play ? 3> Would you prefer starting with a small empire say 4 planets rather than just coruscant ?

I realised this was not possible even though in my head I seemed to remember being able to move the human player number position down to suite.

There actually is a way to do this, somewhat. When you are loading a saved game, you can choose what player/faction you wish to be. By default, this is whom you played as last time. Thus, one can start a new game, save and quit as soon as it loads, then choose to play as another faction (ex: CIS).

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've noticed two things add to the lag on this map.

Trade/Refinery stations. Add in the ability to build nearly limitless amount of them on some planets (Corulag/Corusant/etc etc) and you can get lag really quickly.

I lagged before I even met any enemies (1v1v1v1)

I've noticed two things add to the lag on this map.

Trade/Refinery stations. Add in the ability to build nearly limitless amount of them on some planets (Corulag/Corusant/etc etc) and you can get lag really quickly.

I lagged before I even met any enemies (1v1v1v1)

Thanks yeah thats the main thing with a map this size the lag always kills it, also I suspect the larger the build/research/upgrade que is also adds to the lag :(

Thanks for the help.

• 2 months later...
I realised this was not possible even though in my head I seemed to remember being able to move the human player number position down to suite.

There actually is a way to do this, somewhat. When you are loading a saved game, you can choose what player/faction you wish to be. By default, this is whom you played as last time. Thus, one can start a new game, save and quit as soon as it loads, then choose to play as another faction (ex: CIS).

As a side note to this, you also have to edit the save game file, otherwise the faction you are leaving will sit idle. So, change the save game type so as to be able to open with a text file, then search using the word 'control' When you come to the first player, you need to change both control (ai ship & ai.....cannot remember the other) to TRUE, then when you reload, all the faction will be working, in their proper place and you will now be in control of your new faction. BTW, for this to work set up your game as normal, save, exit to main menu (not just a reload) load game and change to who you want to be, and then save again. This then allows you to edit the correct save file, as above.

And on a separte note, the above link does not seem to be working, any idea's?

As a side note to this, you also have to edit the save game file, otherwise the faction you are leaving will sit idle. So, change the save game type so as to be able to open with a text file, then search using the word 'control' When you come to the first player, you need to change both control (ai ship & ai.....cannot remember the other) to TRUE, then when you reload, all the faction will be working, in their proper place and you will now be in control of your new faction. BTW, for this to work set up your game as normal, save, exit to main menu (not just a reload) load game and change to who you want to be, and then save again. This then allows you to edit the correct save file, as above.

And on a separte note, the above link does not seem to be working, any idea's?

Is that the download link? If so let me know and I will put a new one up, they go down after a few weeks usually.

You can find the two newest versions here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20984847/Star+Wars+Galaxy+Max.galaxy

And also another version I'm working on, basically you start with a large empire.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20984846/Star+Wars+Galaxy+Max+V2.galaxy

Have fun, I have had some new ideas and Im thinking of releasing different versions of the map with correct start positions for each faction and for different eras.

Thanks mate, link is working now. Starting a new game.

Cheers

Edit: BTW, there was only one version sw galaxy max large.

The 2nd link is to v2, as of yet I havent completed all the other versions just yet. They will all basically be using the same map but with changes to starting positions and planet types depending on era (ie alderaan as a asteroid belt in NR era).

V2 basically gives you a tonne of planets at start to represent your empire. Simply build broadcast centres to allow hyperspace travel between your empire.

Cool.

Been playing for a while on the first version of the map, and am loving it so far. It does seem like some of the ai's are having trouble expanding, and by the huge forces surrounding me at the start I can see why. I really like slow starts, so will see how it goes, but I may need to nerf a few planets around other starting position so the ai can get a start. (not all ai, just some). Also, in terms of lag I did trim the amount of planet a bit, but I think the initial lag is more due to the amount of neutral enemies then planet volume. Regardless, will give more feedback as game progresses.