Why are so many ships availible from the start ?

hausser0815

I've looked around a bit but couldnt find out why you guys made it so, and im courius about it, since it makes the frigates useless from the beginning. (Exspecially in the beginning, ressources are raw, so i rather build a more expensive SD and one or two loronars and they survive the assults on the first plantes than build cheap nebula b2's which i must replace after each battle. And in mid-game, when i have enough ressources to pump out 10 SD's simultaneously, why would i build frigates at that point anyway.)

I've looked around a bit but couldnt find out why you guys made it so, and im courius about it, since it makes the frigates useless from the beginning. (Exspecially in the beginning, ressources are raw, so i rather build a more expensive SD and one or two loronars and they survive the assults on the first plantes than build cheap nebula b2's which i must replace after each battle. And in mid-game, when i have enough ressources to pump out 10 SD's simultaneously, why would i build frigates at that point anyway.)

That's a good point which I share.

Frigates have been in dire need of reworking for awhile now; it's something I'm planning to do but unfortunately isn't something I've gotten around to. Frigates are useful in numbers; making wolfpacks of frigates like Neb-Bs, Carracks, Coronas, Bayonets, etc, allow you take on and defeat larger ships with less expensive losses. If you pair them up with stat boosting abilities like Coordinated Targeting or Battle Meditation they become even deadlier.

Frigates are all about one's personal tactics really, ships such as the previously mentioned ones have forward firepower rivaling larger cruisers like the Dreadnaught and Loroner, but can only hit one target per bank and have less health. At the end of the day, frigates are cheap, expendable, and don't take up that much supply. Cruisers are longer lasting but they are more expensive and harder to replace.

I personally do not care much for frigates either, outside of anti-fighter and colony frigates; at times I like making wolfpacks though. It's amusing to see someone hit me with a capital or two and a few cruisers while I have a capital ship and one or two dozen "useless" frigates; I wipe the floor with 'em.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Lavo All your points are understood, and since your the man correct......

but frigates can be broken down now as follows:

Gone >minute

Gone

My ideal game would be one where every frigate mattered and each loss hurt. When I first started playing this mod, i would build up to my first capital. Now I forgo most frigates to get that capital early.

I used to love the early frigate to frigate battles. I love the hard neutral defenders, but early game your frigates are fodder. To bad Sins didnt allow for frigates to gain levels.........

I think I would prefer fewer beefer frigates.......or bump some of the frigates to capitals and get rid of the same model cruiser/capitals.