Offer of Assistance

GDFKingTigerTank

EvilleJedi,

I know one of the little things you haven't gotten to yet is doing custom names for race capital ships and if you're interested, I'm offering my help. Below is a compiled list of historical ship names from the SW universe along with their ship classes and where necessary, some fantasy name additions to flush out the list where cannon is weak - noted by the "~".

It looks like Sins doesn't allow individual capital ship classes to have independent name lists -I may be wrong- but instead each race just has a capital ship name databank in the strings file. So at the least historical ship names from the SW universe could be added, they just might not be attached to the correct ship class...

Again I've never modded these exact settings but it appears that if in the Player .entity files, the CapitalShipNameType is edited from say "CapitalShipTech" to "CapitalShipImperial" then in the strings file the game it looks like it would pull ship names from a new set of strings as shown in the example below:

ID "IDS_CAPITALSHIPNAME_IMPERIALXX" (where XX = numbers)

as opposed to

ID "IDS_CAPITALSHIPNAME_TECHXX" (where XX = numbers)

If new "CapitalShipNameType"s have to be defined anywhere else that you know of then that of course would have to be done too, but I can't find it anywhere else.

Anyway what I'm offering, if it would be helpful, is to do this for the current races, using what I've pasted below as a basis. Again I'd start with historical names and only if needed, follow up with some of the "fantasy" additions.

Total modified files - probably only 5 currently; The player files for Imperials, Alliance, Old Republic, and CIS, and the string file.

Please let me know if this would be of assistance,

GDFKingTigerTank

---MC80 Class--- (names based on luxury passenger liner names)

Nebula Gazer ~

Radiant Flare ~

Crown Jewel ~

Paradise III ~

Turn of Fortune ~

Solar Wind ~

Galacticus ~

Regal ~

---MC80 Maria Class---

Maria

Freedom ~

Objector ~

Pontificator ~

Resistant ~

Mon Segula ~

Mon Garitus ~

---MC80 Liberty Class---

Alliance

Ardent

Autonomy

Endeavor

Liberty

Mantan Wanderer

Mon Delindo

Mon Karren

Orthavan

Reef Home

---MC80A Class---

Odesseus

Hope

Naritus

Starview

Cathleen

Excelsior

Stimsenj'kat

Defiance

---Mon Remonda (MC80B) Class---

Allegiant

Mon Adapyne

Mon Remonda

Startide

---Independence Class---

Independence

Home One

---Venerator---

Courageous

Champion ~

Deterrent ~

Formidable ~

Fortitude ~

Guarlara

Intervention

Intrepid

Justice ~

Lawbringer ~

Redoubt

Ro-Ti-Mundi

Venator ~

Vigilance

White Knight ~

---Victory I---

Bombard

Crusader

Coursca Fire

Evicerator

Emperor's Wisdom

Iniquity

Malignant

Protector

Renegate

Stalwart

Sceltor

Subjugator

Iron Fist

Victory

Vindictive

---Victory II---

Arrogance ~

Challenger ~

Eradicator ~

Mortician ~

Nemesis

Unbearable ~

Wyvern ~

---Procurator Destroyer---

Attentive ~

Defender ~

Protector ~

Procurator

Responder ~

Overseer ~

---Praetor Star Battlecruiser---

Aquilifer ~

Caesar ~

Centurion ~

Cohort ~

Legionnaire ~

Praetor

Pontificus ~

Quaestor ~

Testudo ~

---Mandator Star Dreadnaught---

Ordinator ~

Mandator

Dictator ~

Enforcer ~

---Imperator I Class---

Admonitor

Assassin

Basilisk

Conqueror

Conquest

Courageous

Devestator

Emperor's Will

Emperor's Revenge

Glory

Gnisnal

Gorgon

Hammer

Hydra

Intrepid

Immortal

Imperator

Inexorable

Majestic

Malice

Manticore

Nihil

Punisher

Redoubtable

Resolution

Thunderflare

Tyrant

Ultima

Vanguard

Warrior

---Imperator II Class---

Accuser

Adamant

Avarice

Avenger

Bellicose

Chimaera

Death's Head

Direption

Evicerator

Firestorm

Interrigator

Judicator

Kreiger

Monarch

Moonshadow

Nemesis

Preemptory

Pulsar

Relentless

Reliance

Retribution

Stalker

Steadfast

Stormhawk

Virulence

Wolfs Claw

---Torpedo Sphere Class---

Doomsphere ~

Besieger ~

Catapult ~

Trebuchet ~

Nutcracker ~

---Executor Class---

Executor

Lusankya

Terror

Vengeance

Guardian

Annhilator

Reaper

Brawler

Intimidator

---Lucrehulk DCS---

Ambition ~

Extortionist ~

Gambit ~

Hoard ~

Motherlode ~

Tariff ~

Venture ~

---Trade Fed Adv. Destroyer---

Elusive ~

Shadow Walker ~

Colicoid Swarm

Nightmare ~

Invisible Hand

Lucid Voice

Dream Crusher ~

---Lucrehulk Class Battleship---

Accountor ~

Acquisitor

Bounty ~

Darkvenge

G’hiika ~

Keeper

Moua’dib

Procurer

Profit

Saak’ak

Stockade

Taxation ~

---Malevolence Star Cruiser---

Constrictor ~

Malevolence

Devastation

Spinecrusher ~

Destruction ~

---Geonosian Dreadnaught Class---

Behemoth ~

Flying Death ~

Pride of Geonosia ~

Gargantua ~

Mammoth ~

Edited by GDFKingTigerTank

• SWR Staff - Executive

Are these names from actual sources?

Would love to add them to our Known Ships into the Starship Compendium

http://swmods.swrebellion.com/wiki/Starship_Compendium

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Evaders, the names with no tilde are confirmed by canon - assuming we can agree what "canon" is :lol:

Although going back and attributing where I got each of those names from each source - including 54? odd novels would be... excruciating at this point.

Most of them come straight from the books - novels and schematic books both, with a small additional heap from the games like X-Wing, TIE Fighter. A few from the comics too. And admittedly. some additional assistance was garnered along the way from "wookiepedia" - but mostly just to make sure I was correctly remembering what I've read.

I didn't go back and reread ALL my books to put together this list ;-)

The CIS and Old Republic ships still have much less written and known about them than most anything Empire, New Republic, and even Vong imho. Although some classes like the Victory II is almost impossible to find cannon references to outside of a very few books like the ones that give the detailed schematics and such - and they tend not to give many if any actual ship names :-( - which was the reason for including the "fantasy" names IF they were to ever be named by class in Sins.

Also if you're going to add all these names into that database - the Mon Cals are a troublesome lot. Some people believe that Home One and Independence are two different ships, others the same. Some canon references the "Defiance" and some sister ships as MC90s, but she was first introduced to us as an MC80A and calling her a MC90 makes no sense anyway because she was built long before the Mon Remonda - designated a MC80B - was even conceived. Add in the fact that supposedly no two Mon Cals - especially pre Endor are built alike so are they the same class or not.... it's a cluster.

Also perhaps Eville can tell me for sure, but in Sins is it only the first MC80 "star frigate" capital ship that is meant to represent the converted luxury liners and not purpose built warships?

Edited by GDFKingTigerTank

Oh and if you are going to enter those names into the database - the Executor Class "Brawler" is also the "Iron Fist" - which is why it's not on the list. Zsinji evenutally renamed it Iron Fist after his first VSD command. Don't know which you'd want to enter it as.

• SWR Staff - Executive

I understand there is a lot of confusion with the MCs.

I'm glad someone's done the research - I'm not asking for specific citations or anything. Be happy to add all the canon ones. Hopefully other people will find this resource useful and maybe add more information for others to use

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

Are these names from actual sources?

Would love to add them to our Known Ships into the Starship Compendium

http://swmods.swrebellion.com/wiki/Starship_Compendium

If you want a ~good list of ships for the Starship Compendium, Wookiepedia has a list of Imperial Ships, Alliance Ships, Galactic Republic Ships, and CIS Ships. Unfortunately, the lists are not broken down into ship categories, but they do give source/reference data :D There is also a list of Known Fleets of the SW universe.

(Wow, I actually posted in a WARLORDS forums :mrgreen: )

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

• SWR Staff - Executive

the MC star frigate is the sorta bastard child of the XWA MC ships, the converted luxury liners and the mini home one versions that don't have the extra engines, so it isn't a specific, more of a catch all.

thanks for the list I'll put them in, but do you also have the rebellion names in there too?

Rebellion names - as in captured ships and such renamed by the Rebels?

Negative!

I figured since the new republic wasn't in game that I should make sure to keep the list by ship type strictly to their original factions! There are no CIS or Imperial ship types in that list with Rebellion, New Republic, etc. renames listed - just their original given names.

• SWR Staff - Executive

How much of Rebellion is canon? :)

The ship names from Rebellion could be useful, though I wonder if there are references in other SW resources or just made-up

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

SW Rebellion?

I have no idea whether it would be officially considered "canon" or not, but my guess is that it may not be - because it gives players the ability to kill known SW characters and "alter" the timeline of the galactic civil war. Also, wasn't the galaxy randomly generated for each game? The pilot sims and such were always based on the premise of playing out historical campaigns and missions, which is obviously different. But did they use canon names in Rebellion;yes, at least partially I definitely saw some on the ISDs. Just my 2 cents.

• SWR Staff - Executive

I know we've had a list..

Here we go: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1106

I think I remember Rebellion just randomly applies a name. I don't know if its based on ship classes

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

Yeah I took a look at the ship list, it doesn't appear to be canon at all. They're missing lots of canon names from both the Rebel and Imperial side and I see a lot of names there I've neve seen anywhere else in the Star Wars universe.

One guy in that thread even says he had a Death star named "Raze" :lol:

Although, depending on how Sins can handle the ship names, EvilleJedi may not be able to specify the ship names to their correct classes. So in that way, even though the names themselves may be canon, they would not map correctly to their ships.