What else would you like in your game of EvR?

DevinKyleShade

well the title says it all really  

9 members have voted

1. 1. well the title says it all really

• Nothing, im here for the strat
    • oh i know, how about abit of RPG
    • Star wars is about stories, lets have some
    • Politics, and no, not like who gets elected to lead
    • I want it all, yes!
    • I just wants some of these (please post which ones)

Well let me explain a few of these bits first

Pure strategy

Well this is the easy option, you dont worry about to much but aiming you ships at one enemy, personally considering so far people have voted for a more canon style of map (so to speak) i doubt many people will vote for it but i included anyways.

RPG

This bit i think is what adds that little bit extra to the game, this for me has always been a fun part as really star wars is about abit more than than me kick you butt with star destroyers and tie fighters ;) sadly this is abit limited as it cant be reflected in the app to well. What it is usually used to reflect is leaders of factions meeting and debating trade, peace and all that fuzzy stuff. Usually this linked with a story but dosnt have to be (it really depends on the people), this would also include the use of jk2 (well maybe i will get jka).

Stories!

Well basically this is about giving the game that extra dimension, to explain what happens from turn to turn in a more interesting manor, also as star wars is about good vs evil its a nice way to reflect the types of people involved, in the past the game has seen some really amazing stories that give people something to read between turns, again this is something i have always enjoyed, some may think its pointless *shrugs*

Politics

Oh yes, i think this is the key above all to the game, sorting out trade, alliance, none-aggression pacts, tricking people into doing what you need, thats whats whats it about, backstabbing the right and wrong people (i dont think this can be avoided when more than one faction is include but i included it for completion.

The rest

if i didnt include it, post what you think

haha cool :D man after my own heart, if we go for the RPG then would be good is a brief character bio for the website (that Zen has been kind enough to start making for us). Im also hoping that numbers go abit above 7 (around the 20 mark to begin with). hopefilly i should be able to start making the map 2morro once i get something uploaded for the server. I dont think im going to be naming planets as of yet. I guess i will still setup a timeline leading up the campaign which will start would set it some time before the vong invasion (which may be a separate campaign depending on how long this one goes on for).

Voted for it all.

What timeline is this going to take place in? After Yavin? After Endor?

I think a nice 10 years AE would be nice. The GE would be divided, the IR would be forming and the NR would also be expanding (if I remember correctly).

Edited by CurseUppl_warlords

Well for the jka side i think we shall be using a mod called Movie battles II found at http://www.moviebattles.com/

its still in the beta stage however im liking what i see so far, now i have been as active because i dont have a whole lot to report, atm we are having a few problems with the server being able to save planets however im looking into options for another host (the guys of GCO have offered to host the server which unless i can fix the server on here seems like the best option). Also i can do to much more until eville has finished with the next patch (as currently ions are far to powerful). So about a week or so after he releases a patch i can look at having a more final version for phase one. Phase one is to be considered a beta campaign to see what people think of the pricing and so on.