Game style

DevinKyleShade

What style of game would you liked  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What style of game would you liked

• just 2 factions, Empire and Republic
    • several large but equal sized factions (amount depends on how many signup)
    • lots of 1 man factions
    • 2 large factions with many smaller factions

Sure.. after I vote... :P

lol sorry dude, well i know that one extra vote is towards 2 larges, several smaller factions which is wining atm :P

Curse - i know you to well :P

Ok just to give a idea of size, if we went with two large factions and several smaller one then for hyperspace you look at about a 3-4 week trip to cross the factions, smaller factions being around 1-2 weeks based on a class two hyperdrive which travels 300 squares a turn, this may not be true to canon but for game balance i think its a good idea otherwise players will just horde fleets into one location creating problems when it comes to actually running the battles, this may slow the pace of the game down slightly however i believe it will make for a better game, it also make fleet deployments a key factor along with who you choose as a ally or even enemy.

If you think the value are to large please suggest a different one with reason, nothing is set in stone as of yet.

Edited by Darth Malice

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, i wont be doing much work on this atm, currently i've been having problems with my computer crashing half way through star trek legacy for no reason, i will try however after i installed vista onto my system to get it all sorted out, i think what i may do is assign around 800/1000 income (base) a turn to a player which can be increased via trade and refineries (so 80/100  planet levels).

With this setup id say we want 4 people in the empire, 4 in the republic, 2 going solo and then have some npcs floating about to spice things up. If we have more than that then you lose teh tactics side of the game as loses start to mean nothing as you quickly rebuild fleets.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, that is too bad about the Warlords Mod...I wonder if EJ will have at least one more release before going on his 4 month hiatus...

On another note, I have some questions regarding this EvR game:

-From what I gather, it will include a campaign map, similar to the one you posted in a different EvR thread. Here is where I am a little confused: will it resemble EaW, where the player creates fleets and sends them to conquer planets, and when you enounter an enemy, you engage him into space in order to gain control?

-I think you wrote that we need to go to swrebellion website to download the game, but where to from the swrebellion homepage? (Or is the game still in the development stage?)

-I'm not sure I understand how the game will actually work: Say I create an account, and I pick the Rebellion as my faction. When I start playing, a map will come up (correct me if I am wrong), and I basically need to create my fleet and army from scratch. Does that mean that when I am ready to attack, I will be able to engage other players that are logged on? For example, let's pretend you, Darth Malice, have a fleet of Imperial ships and I, as the Rebels, decide to attack your fleet, then you and I will be playing a space battle against each other, as in a homeworld2 multiplayer game?

-Do I need to sign up anywhere if I want to play this game?

Edited by chrlsthgreat

in a sense yes its like EaW, the map wont look as pretty, im sorry, but it just wont, its a rather simple java based app. to gain control of planets your gona need to send your troops down and fight it out ;)

EvR site, well its under construction so to speak, as it isnt ready to play yet i havent put the app up for d/l, when the map is done it will be (please note im moving in the next month so im waiting until i have moved.

on you second note, thats exactly it, of course you have a limited site range, bigger ships being easier to find, basically. probes are very important for planning attacks so you have intel on defending troops numbers, possible fleets, etc.

hopefully I can get people to do the conversions you want so it will open up the shiplist.

contact nickersonm, you did have his contact details cos i gave them to you :P no reason at all why he wont be able to help or help find people to help. Oh btw did you manage to redo how ion cannons work or is that the list of stuff you need to get done or is that in the list of stuff of things that need doing?

Edited by Darth Malice