Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

All times are UTC - 5 hours

What style of game would you liked
just 2 factions, Empire and Republic 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
several large but equal sized factions (amount depends on how many signup) 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
lots of 1 man factions 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 large factions with many smaller factions 73%  73%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject: Game style
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:19 am 

Well basically i want to make a game that everyone will enjoy playing and not just myself so for those who are taking a interest please take a look and decide for yourselves :D

Post subject: Re: Game style
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:16 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

several large but equal sized factions (amount depends on how many signup)
Seems how the galaxy is, mostly. Not the equal size part though...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:27 am 

the only problem with have factions that arnt equally sided is giving one side a advantage, what could be done is also two larger factions with several smaller factions dotted about the place.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:45 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

See, that would be more like what was going on in the galaxy. ;D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:08 am 

ok, i've updated the poll :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:08 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Sure.. after I vote... :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:47 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Voted 2 larger factions and smaller. Simple reason: more politics.

With 1 vs 1 you just have the 'kill kill kill' option.

With several equally sized factions, again you just have the 'kill kill kill' option, since it always turns into a 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 1.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:26 pm 

StormTaco wrote:
Sure.. after I vote... :P

lol sorry dude, well i know that one extra vote is towards 2 larges, several smaller factions which is wining atm :P

Curse - i know you to well :P

Ok just to give a idea of size, if we went with two large factions and several smaller one then for hyperspace you look at about a 3-4 week trip to cross the factions, smaller factions being around 1-2 weeks based on a class two hyperdrive which travels 300 squares a turn, this may not be true to canon but for game balance i think its a good idea otherwise players will just horde fleets into one location creating problems when it comes to actually running the battles, this may slow the pace of the game down slightly however i believe it will make for a better game, it also make fleet deployments a key factor along with who you choose as a ally or even enemy.

If you think the value are to large please suggest a different one with reason, nothing is set in stone as of yet.

Last edited by Darth Malice on Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:12 am 

I will see how many more join, with the current amount of people (unless i can get more) im guessing the map will only only contain 50-100  planets max, which is cool, i am going to dry and round up some more buggers as well :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:37 am 
<!-- Corporal //-->

50 Systems should be enough for now later on when more ppl decide to join in you could up the numbers a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:27 pm 

yeah, i wont be doing much work on this atm, currently i've been having problems with my computer crashing half way through star trek legacy for no reason, i will try however after i installed vista onto my system to get it all sorted out, i think what i may do is assign around 800/1000 income (base) a turn to a player which can be increased via trade and refineries (so 80/100  planet levels).

With this setup id say we want 4 people in the empire, 4 in the republic, 2 going solo and then have some npcs floating about to spice things up. If we have more than that then you lose teh tactics side of the game as loses start to mean nothing as you quickly rebuild fleets.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:47 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

This game sounds really interesting...will it be in the form of an online account, where you sign in and play?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:57 am 

the account will be a online account stored on the server, sadly i think the ships available will be far more limited with the news on 0.5 coming to a halt so i can perhaps start much sooner.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:36 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Yeah, that is too bad about the Warlords Mod...I wonder if EJ will have at least one more release before going on his 4 month hiatus...

On another note, I have some questions regarding this EvR game:
-From what I gather, it will include a campaign map, similar to the one you posted in a different EvR thread. Here is where I am a little confused: will it resemble EaW, where the player creates fleets and sends them to conquer planets, and when you enounter an enemy, you engage him into space in order to gain control?
-I think you wrote that we need to go to swrebellion website to download the game, but where to from the swrebellion homepage? (Or is the game still in the development stage?)
-I'm not sure I understand how the game will actually work: Say I create an account, and I pick the Rebellion as my faction. When I start playing, a map will come up (correct me if I am wrong), and I basically need to create my fleet and army from scratch. Does that mean that when I am ready to attack, I will be able to engage other players that are logged on? For example, let's pretend you, Darth Malice, have a fleet of Imperial ships and I, as the Rebels, decide to attack your fleet, then you and I will be playing a space battle against each other, as in a homeworld2 multiplayer game?
-Do I need to sign up anywhere if I want to play this game?

Last edited by chrlsthgreat on Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:53 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

hopefully I can get people to do the conversions you want so it will open up the shiplist.