A proposal, if it isn't too difficult.

ijason

How hard would it be to make some of the ships upgradeable with modules? A great many SW ships are described as modular and often upgraded, the most notable being the Correlian ships. This would allow a certain level of customizstion and add a little more variety without extra ships.

I'd rather see the gameplay improved and ship integration (new and the semi-finished 0.45/oldships.big) done sooner.

With territories/other gamerules* and a more complete eras system this game would be much much better. Not to devalue it now.

Something along the lines of that dynamic deathmatch mod.

• SWR Staff - Executive

I would need to generate the modules, then each ship would have to have a build list and a hierarchy of appropriate modules tied to what can and can't be built (and the added problem that each slot would have to have a copy of each module)

it is a lot of testing and coding and I've tried it with the modular battlecruiser (which you will note is not modular because it required 36 individual modules to be generated just for 6 spots)