I need help!

Stratus

• SWR Staff - Executive

I will be starting a large project at work that will occupy most of my time

This means that for at least the next 3-4 months I will be unable to work on the mod

I am looking for a few people that are capable of editing code to clean up the mod, things like the unit descriptions, unit and weapon stats, work on other parts of the mod that are not complete (maps, gametypes, vong) and possibly complete the conversions from 0.45 units into the new weapons format (this will require usage of maya) tools will be provided and I will have the staff board open to anyone that joins

what I would like to do is reintroduce eras and all of the units that were in 0.45, I will still update models, but a lot of the conversion work is script editing and tweaking

I will be pushing to complete my commitments to the IA2 team so I will probably be able to do most of the CW ships before I run out of time(as well as the quick and dirty kotor mod because that is simple)

if I don't get anyone then the mod is pretty much frozen, I doubt I will have a lot of initiative to pick it up again  (partly because I have another project I want to work on, see secret project #1).

Edited by EvilleJedi

• SWR Staff - Executive

I would guess that "unit descriptions, unit and weapon stats" would be simple script changes.

The Maya stuff I can't do. Perhaps some of the gameplay code like the eras ... I could look back at how it was implemented in 0.45 and see if its directly portable.

Thinking about organizing the code into CVS or SVN?

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• SWR Staff - Executive

I don't know if Igor set up SVN ... I think he was meaning to for some of his Ruby stuff.

I had it up before, but since SVN didn't do quite what I wanted, I stuck with CVS.

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

if I don't get anyone then the mod is pretty much frozen, I doubt I will have a lot of initiative to pick it up again

ACK!!!!!

unit descriptions, unit and weapon stats, editing and tweaking -  I can do that.

Like Evaders though, Maya is beyond me (that seems to be the norm) so 4.5 conversions are out of my juristiction (starts praying that someone will come along to rescue the situation).

If it's alright with you EJ, I'd like to cut together some clips of the mod and start churning out ads and 'Ship spec' videos (the latter to show off individual ships), and then dump them all over U Tube and Google vid. This mod is simply too good to be left to die.

OK,

I can manage some models. Your last ISD with new turbolasers is really good and I would like keep this standard :-)

So count me in for Yuuzhan Vong and some Empire ships.

If you can anyway make my Maya exporting easyer, please do it. It wil spare our time.

Remember me, Eville? I did some balance testing and de-typoed all the ship descriptions about a year ago...if you give me something specific to do I could nail it to the wall in no time.

I'm glad to here that more of the 0.45 flavour will be returning to the mod, and I certainly hope that more people join up to get their hands dirty!

I just came across this mod last week and am glad I did. I'd hate to see it die off so I'm willing to help with any descriptions and such. I got plenty books for documentation so to help expand and clarify stuff.

• SWR Staff - Executive

Hmm.. this doesn't have anything to do with EaW. It doesn't use the stats from EaW - it tries to be as "realistic" as possible within the limitations of HW2.

I believe there will be all eras that were in Warlords 0.45.

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

Hey EvilleJedi, I've done HW2 modding work in the past.  We've been in contact a few times before.  In fact, I recently sent you an email about that Homeworld3/Sins of a Solar Empire game.  Hope Sins can seamlessly work with your Warlords mod.

Anyway, my skills with HW2 revolve mostly around scripting and stats.  I can't help with any of the models, unfortunately.  Still, I am getting a serious high speed line in June, so I can help you with additional server space.  Let me know if you would want that.

Later

• SWR Staff - Executive

you should be able to access the warlords staff area now, can post all inquiries there.

I will be moving some tools and links out on the staff area in the next few days along with some instructions, I'm still trying to get my hodders up to speed so once they are there then the real work can begin.

• 1 year later...