Single Player

Phyrss

IS there a way to inplement Some star wars ships into the Normal Homeworld 2 Single player missions? I mean, I don't know... i just think it would be a blast to have a Squadron of Ties next to A squad of Hig. Interceptors... haha. I tried it before, with no luck. Also, I remember in one of the previous releases, you could or at least had the option to pit Star Wars Races With Homeworld 2 Races in Multiplayer Deathmatch... was there conflict with files, or what happened to that option?

it should be possible to edit in the sw ships into the campaign

Please elaborate!

How would one go about adding an SSD Executor to any given campaign?

Would it be similar to adding Sajuuk?

Which big files would need loading?

• SWR Staff - Executive

Here's how to get started with the single player missions

http://wiki.hw2.info/TutorialCampaign

If you have specific questions, then feel free to post them

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• SWR Staff - Executive
Best to unpack the BIG files and you'll get the names of all the ships

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I didn't manage to extract the BIG files (I use Linux). But I did manage to extract the name of an SSD Executor:

Vgr_Executor_SSD

However, if I run Homeworld using the following code (I assume the Empire ships are contained in the IMPHODS big file?)

-mod IMPHODS.Big -luatrace

It still crashes on all campaign levels with the following code added to their respective lua files:

{

tactic = 1,

type = "Vgr_Executor_SSD",

subsystems = {

},

buildjobs = {

},

size = 1,

shiphold = {

},

name = "Vgr_Executor_SSD",

teamColourHandle = 0,

hotkey = 0,

},

Except levels 15 and 16, for reasons unknown to me.

The error I receive on other levels has something to do with Progenitor Movers:

could not find family Mover_Hgn, All family names should be defined in data\scripts\FamilyList.lua.

So, what's going on? Why is it complaining about movers just because the IMPHODS.Big file is loaded?

@Sutur : you can't just run using IMPHODS.big since there are lots of other files that it depends on (weapon effects, scripts, subsystems, etc.).  When you look at the properties of the shortcut for running the mod, there are a whole lot of .big files used.  The " -luatrace" flag does not do a good job of capturing a problem if there is a missing graphic effects, sound or subsystem file (among others). 

I don't know if EvilleJedi has source management software in use or not, but part of what I would like to do with helping him get the v0.45 ships into the new format is to create a project for each weapon and subsystem that has ALL of the files used by it (sounds, fx, etc).  The unique files for each ship would be their own separate projects with project dependencies identified for each subsystem that it uses.

I want to do this for all of his stuff : WarLords, ReHash, the proposed KOTOR minimod, etc.

The problem is that even after that is all done there are lots of things that are still interconnected (like the AI, build and research scripts, starting fleets and so on) which would need manual adjustments.  I'm trying to find scriptable ways to make this side of things more flexible too.

Thanks for the reply gthompsn.

I understand that I have been taking shots in the dark trying to get this to work, I suppose it's just pure luck that some of the levels do work.

Does it shed any more light on the topic if I say I get these errors even with all the latest Big files included including the new CORE.Big and PATCH.Big files?

• SWR Staff - Executive
the problem is that the struture of the game files is explicit, you;d have to write a script to extract them to heiracal directories and then rexport them to the proper places later

the problem is that the struture of the game files is explicit, you;d have to write a script to extract them to heiracal directories and then rexport them to the proper places later

So, what it wants is the original Homeworld 2 files, but it can't find them because Warlords arranges files in a different manner, and it's looking in the folders that Warlords has specified? Or is it the other way around?