fan video creation

Stratus

• SWR Staff - Executive
I'm looking for people to make videos for posting on youtube and various other sites to show the mod off, if anyone is interested please let me know and get to work! :-P (I've seen some of the ones out there, the only issue I have is that they usually have way too much interface usage and aren't edited much) I'm looking for something less than 2:50 long...

If I could get the latest version to work on the Mac, I would say yes immediately. I could edit something in the next day or so with Final Cut Studio. Alas, I am a moron....no not even a moron....when it comes to adding mods to Homeworld 2 on the mac.

On a PC.......i lack the editing software. WHY DO MAC'S HAVE TO BE SO FREAKING DIFFICULT!?!?!?!?!?!

I would if i had the full version of fraps

(to freek) if it lags your game the video will come out smooth. i don't know why this is but it seems to split the frame rate from the game to the video. or at least thats what happens on my pc

Slight change. I have the full version of fraps, and now all I need is a 1GB USB disk to transfer it to Mac and I'm flying.....there's never $50 around when you need it:).

I'm pissing off to FNQ (Far North Queensland or Fucking Nowhere Quickly - take your pick) for a 2 week holiday but I will definately throw stuff together when I get back. I'm having too much fun with fraps to do otherwise.

I would if i had the full version of fraps

(to freek) if it lags your game the video will come out smooth. i don't know why this is but it seems to split the frame rate from the game to the video. or at least thats what happens on my pc

My games run at 1FPS while the video might run at 3 when fraps is on, at any rate its almost impossible for me to make a good video. I think my hard drive activity is just killing my ingame performance, as my system isn't all that slow.

Want to play a game of Warlords? Join the Warlords hamachi network!

Network name: SW:Warlords

Network password: Warlords

• 2 weeks later...
  • SWR Staff - Executive

Seems some are here now.. not sure if these were posted, maybe on the relicforums thread

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

well mines a old 6600, before they even had GT's or PCIe, i think its more driver relates, sadly i cant use the older ones thanks to my OS, i have 1.5gigs of ram, i think its cos i bought my computer fujitu siemens Edited by Darth Malice

Well, Ill have to see how much FPS fraps can squeeze out've my system :)

Want to play a game of Warlords? Join the Warlords hamachi network!

Network name: SW:Warlords

Network password: Warlords

• SWR Staff - Executive
the video I did was at 1600x 1200  2x AA with shadows on, with fraps taking a half size (800x600) video it's a little laggy but okay, if I lowered the res to 800x600 I could have captured >30 fps