New Members: READ FIRST!

SOCL

For all of you who are new or have been away for quite a while, welcome to Star Wars Rebellion or simply SWR! Be sure to read up on the forum rules and do try to not spam too much.

Please use this thread to introduce yourself if you are new, or if you've away for a while, say hello and let us know what's new.

Also, to all members, please be aware that avatar size is being enforced, though not as tyrannically as one might imagine. The official rules state 80 x 80 pixels and it would be great if they were all like that, but there is some room for leeway. Please make certain your avatar does not exceed 120 x 120 pixels. I will be more than happy to help any members who need help in this and need their avatar to be hosted.

On behalf of the administrators, moderators, and SWR community as a whole, welcome, all! :)

Edited by SOCL

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you honestly think this forum is gonna get that much new members?

Hell ill bet almost anything im the only one this month.

99% of people agree, Signatures make you forget your train of thought. Imagine it... A train.. With a brain painted on the side...

Do you honestly think this forum is gonna get that much new members?

Hell ill bet almost anything im the only one this month.

Yes to your first question. No to your second statement. We've had three new join today and three new join yesterday. In any event, it's not up to you, my friend. :)

So go ahead and take this moment to (re)introduce yourself to the community, and again, welcome! :)

If it may help, I think many of us had high hopes for EAW to be the next true Rebellion 2, but it is not.

EAW has pretty graphics and stuff, but it is not a Rebellion 2. It is a dumbed down version in any sense.

Thus, now after a year or so, we are trying for real to make a true successor.

Plus, to help the community for the original Rebellion, I discovered in the thread Mechanics, more thing that can be done for a initial galaxy setting...a new editor will be made to make more fun.

Have hope, the original had alot of potential. I will try my best to make more content..and eventually a new game.

:D Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Welcome to the Forum, Ace_. :P

For a fun, I remembered Pi to 2000 places when I was in 8 grade...I wrote it out for hours with only one mistake and several chalkboards.

They say I *was* a genius...too bad I went into Electronic Engineering.. (China runs the world now, and left me unemployed here in the USA) the real money was to become in Computer Science 25 years ago.

It will not take me that long to learn this new .NET stuff, and finially have some fun in making a game! Have hope Ace_ :) Give me four months to write in .NET... It is way different from years ago. But not impossible.

Thanks Mad.

I think I will make another editor Galaxy Setup for SWRE to supplement RebEd and others.

It wil give me a chance to cut my teeth on this new program technique before I go head long into it. I wish Microsoft would not foist another major change to the OS effectively leaving all our good games absolute.

make me want to go the pure freeware route, seriously.

I will *try* to make another Rebellion game simple as the first one with better graphics for the fun of it with improved AI and mod friendly so you can experiment. No profit but then I could use LA material in it. Maybe they may actually like it and give liscense for a much more sophisticated sequal.

Ello, Been lurking for years but here is the post +1 lol.
Well, welcome! :) Hopefully you won't follow these others' lead in spamming up a one-track thread (*cough*Mad and Slocket!*cough*) and find a niche of your own in our slightly insane online family! Edited by SOCL

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy mate and welcome to the forums :)

*Salutes* Enjoy yourself, and don't eat the yellow snow.

Ah, I always forget that rule.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

I've made a few posts here and there already, but what the hey. I'm still more than enough of a newbie to post in here. :)

EDIT: In fact, this is only my third. So yes, very newbie.

As for what I do, I've actually taken to RPing a bit in Multiplayer games. Basically I play myself, and use it as an opportunity to make my own history of the Star Wars galaxy (as well as have any kickin' rad fleet battles I feel like coming up with). That's what I do, in addition to SP games.

Maybe I'll make one into a Gaming Story one of these days...

EDIT2: Despite having an account here for almost three years. Wow. One post per year so far. Does that count me out as a spammer? :mrgreen:

I've made a few posts here and there already, but what the hey. I'm still more than enough of a newbie to post in here. :)

EDIT: In fact, this is only my third. So yes, very newbie.

As for what I do, I've actually taken to RPing a bit in Multiplayer games. Basically I play myself, and use it as an opportunity to make my own history of the Star Wars galaxy (as well as have any kickin' rad fleet battles I feel like coming up with). That's what I do, in addition to SP games.

Maybe I'll make one into a Gaming Story one of these days...

EDIT2: Despite having an account here for almost three years. Wow. One post per year so far. Does that count me out as a spammer? :mrgreen:

Yes, especially since you didn't make every one of your edits a new post! :D

Welcome...sort of...RogueIce :?:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, OldFan here, I've been reading and using this site for a year or so but finally got around to registering and posting. I enjoy the fun off-topics, and really appreciate all the work that has gone into analyzing how the game works and how to modify it given the limited information that we have on the game. That Golan III is much better than the CC-9600!

As I said in the "explain your name" topic, I've been around since Star Wars first came out in the theaters all those years ago, and I've never stopped enjoying the galaxy far, far away! Plus, reading about college exams in the forums makes me feel old...

Fun facts: I live in Chicagoland, IL, USA; I have darn near every 3 3/4" SW action figure ever produced and still going; I pick up every new SW book as soon as it comes out in paperback; I think the original trilogy is soooo much better than the (unfortunately) noobed-down prequels; I love music and my iPod and I might get around to posting on that "soundtrack of your life" topic on of these years.

I'm very happy that I snagged a copy of Rebellion a couple of years ago, it is maddeningly addictive but so much fun.

hey hey hey!! heya everyone.. yesterday, i was in my bed.

Life was sad. Then i was wondering why.

Hell i miss Rebellion!!!!!! it's been 2 years now, they probably got something new! ( i hated the new RTS Empire at war.. )

anddd here i am. :D

i knew this website before ( i used Rebed while ago and i liked it, make the game look new, with all those new cards)

but awrr there's so many new things coming.. what is that RR thing?

about me.. welll >_> i'm a student, age: 21 star wars fans since 1997, i like.. no.. love rebellion and... that it

i play Rebels and Empire, depending on my mood ^^

hm hmm... does my avatar is alright?

Perhaps I should drop in here and offer an update. The vast majority of people on this site first knew me as a spammer. That ended when I came home from college at the end of the Spring '06 semester. I'm not a very patient person and waiting on the dial up connection wasn't worth it to me. I went back to Platteville to continue w/ college and just never really sat around at the computer as much. I would stop in every once in a while, as a few of you noticed, I'm sure. Winter/Semester break came around at the end of December and I came home. There is a DSL connection here now. I have spent much of break travelling around the midwest, though. As it is I usually only stop in for the Zoot Wars II thread in the RP section. You should all take a look. http://www.swrebellion.com/forums/postt3314.html

Anyway, I'm ready and waiting to get back to Platteville again. I'm enjoying school. Also, I love the fact that my gf is only 30 min. away then. It's time for dinner though, so good bye for now.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

• 1 month later...

Well im kinda new to this site (duh).. i stumbled here last weekend whilst looking for a Rebellion fansite (it seems i've found it :P) I lurked for a bit then i decided to join.. I have been playing Rebellion since it first come out. My uncle had a copy but it was called Starwars: Supremacy NOT Starwars:Rebellion but it was the same game.. (I later got my own copy of SWR) I used to play with my cuz who also has the game, but he doesnt play much anymore, and i cant find anyone else to play it with (I also dont know how to set up my own multiplayer game anyways..)

I dont know if you guys venture onto other sites like TFN or phatooine, but im known there as Blah (or Mr_Blah_666)

well i look really forward to postigg on these boards more and knowing u all betterer (no homo :P )