New Members: READ FIRST!

SOCL

Aloha all!

Old guy, new member. I wanted to play Rebellion again, but I lost my game 1. on my hard drive that died and then 2. physically when I moved to Hawai'i. Bought another copy, now it won't run on XP (and it is NOT scratched). I shall look on the forum for more information and help. So far, no good.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, and welcome back. There is a method to get it to run under Windows 7/Vista and such here on the forums. Someone has the link, off hand I need to look. I never had trouble running under XP, but there is a lot of help to get it to work.

"budious" made several post on how to get it to work if it is not working. Here is one post. http://www.swrebellion.com/forums/postt3033.html

Most though have to deal with Vista and Windows 7 under 64 OS and 32 OS. Exactly what is it doing under Windows XP?, such as not installing, or it installs and does not launch,etc. You have 32 bit W XP?

• SWR Staff - Executive

Have you heard of Google? :)

We're not exactly in the business to promote a 13 year old game, plus the fact we don't make any money...

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• 1 month later...

I am new the the site. Played Star Wars, when windows 95 was cool. I joined to play Multi-Player, hooked up with Gunships and GameRanger and was set to go. Then my Hard Drive crashed. Now I have a new Hard drive and have 7 for my new OS and now I cant seem to get Rebellion to work. I have tried compatibility mode, but it still says I am missing d3drm.dll. Axis & Allies runs, but not very stabil. Birth of the Federation wont read from the disk and none of the no CD patches work. I know that I am not the first person to hit this, so I am posting here to see if anyone has the fix I need. Dont want to pay for a dll fixer and it not be the problem. So I guess it's CIV5 until someone answers this for me.

Sorry ahead of time if this post is in the wrong section, feel free to move it to the correct space.

ReoHays@yahoo.com

• 1 year later...

Howdy,

Not been on SWR for a few years but got the bug to play again, so here I am!

Already been able to hook up with Cromwell and get a game going - I think I'm destined to lose this one but hey-ho, you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs! I'll get him on the rematch :D

If any one else is looking for a game let me know - PM/email; gameranger; hamachi