BSG S3-10: Passage

Stratus

• SWR Staff - Executive

sort've an odd episode in my mind. they compared it to 33, I don't think it even came close, 33 is still one of the best episdes and most unique.

listening to the pod cast I uderstand why the baltar and cylon scenes were short and confusing (moved to future episodes)

The episode didn't really do it for me, it was more suicide than sacrifice (other pilots could have done better and there was no true indication that there was no option)

the star cluster idea was interesting though it raises two questions

1) if the cluster was so big why didn't they plan on going around it once they left new caprica?

2) how the heck did they know there was a planet with biomass on the otherside in the first place?

I guess the second question could be answered by saying that they had done multiple patrols with raptors and then tried finding a quicker way around or through the cluster

I understand the food timing issue, but if they have 7 days wouldn't 7 days be more than enough to make multiple jumps to go around the cluster? (remember, they can jump into gravity wells as long as they have accurate telemetry,)

there might be some limitation o nthe range of civie ship jumps, but that is doubtful given that raptors and the like can easily jump 6 months of travel worth of jumps back to caprica

thoughts?

Well they said it was too large to go around, also the entire food contamination part was kinda short imo. Overall the story felt rather rushed to me, as if they wanted to give us a sneak-peak of the next few episodes.

As to how they knew, their food source got contaminated, so they probably sent out some raptors and the likes to scout. Infact, it shows Sharon scouting the planet and then returning with the "good news". Its probably they somehow knew there was a planet on the other side, but they did not know whether or not it had a food source.

At any rate, we'll be seeing this planet again (something with the eye of Jupiter ;))

Want to play a game of Warlords? Join the Warlords hamachi network!

Network name: SW:Warlords

Network password: Warlords

Overall, I liked the episode. But then again, fill a BSG episode with lots of FTL jumps, battles, or other visually appealing matter and I'll be happy as a clam, so I'm hardly ever disappointed with an episode of BSG.  :o