Stargate (SG1/SGA)

Freek

Any Stargate: SG-1 or Stargate: Atlantis fans out there? Its kinda funny how Sci-Fi is late airing episodes. Movie Central (Canada) is airing SO3E19 (20 eps per season) next week, and SkyOne (UK) is airing the second half of Stargate: SG1 season 10.

The season closures for both series look to be promising, and will open up an entirely new can of worms.

I also like the fact that there is a little more space-combat being introduced. Now that Earth has ships (X304 class Daedalus DeepSpaceCarriers) and fighters (X302), and the fact that there's a ton of space-faring threats (Ori, Wraith, Asurans, Goa'uld remnant, Jaffa nation) makes it possible to have some pretty neat battles, like the Battle of Camelot (Season 9 cliffhanger)

Edited by Freek

Want to play a game of Warlords? Join the Warlords hamachi network!

Network name: SW:Warlords

Network password: Warlords

• 4 months later...

I'm a fan of Stargate. I'm not the kind of nerd who wears makeup on and acts like a Jahfa or anything like that; I'm just the average Joe who watches the show because it's just plain interesting. This shows me messages that don't come around often, like for example "don't underestimate anyone, the results could be catastrophic" and (a message that really got to me) "Having an empty consciousness can make your life easier and also make you smarter". It truly is a sad thing that the last episode of SG1 is airing this Friday but Atlantis will live on. Atlantis was a fresh new start, there was one enemy, one goal, one mission, stay alive and rid the Pegasus Galaxy of the Wraith. That is complete dejavo with the Gould, but this one is cooler :). I really don't want the people from SG1 take the place of SGA main people, that will help kill the show. SG1 lost it's "funk" from the retirement of Richard Dean Anderson and the dismemberment of the stargate program. Richard is now in charge but not for long, some random guy takes his place and completely changed the feel to the show. The messages remain however, the action feeling isn't what it used to be, things are not as intense as before, and the story of SG1 seems to never end (which is a good thing but also a bad thing).

Atlantis is awesome, I love it and I really don't want that show to burnout to.