Have a Mac Mod won't run

Ando

Hi.....

A little desperate here, i have been wanting to play this mod forever on my Mac I downloaded it today but I got a hold of version .45 so i tried it and it froze at the Universe tag during loading so I searched around and at the Warlord site saw the new files......But I do not know how to download them, I tried right click, download linked file, but all that did was download an unreadable file to my Mac......does anyone know how I can play version .45 or download and play the new files on Mac..................so desperate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the files that are in that section are .big files. all the 0.45 installer did was put the .45 .big files in your directory, then make a shortcut that would launch the hw2.exe and instruct it to load the 0.45 .big files with it. 0.60 is the same, just without an installer. in windows, you need to actually add tags for the .big files in the command line for the shortcut. i dont use macs, because nothing i want to use runs on macs, and so i dont know how you would go about doing that on a mac. im sure a mac os tech forum somewhere would be able to help you modify shortcut command lines if no one here can though

• SWR Staff - Executive

check macologist.org for a launcher script, they are really good about putting stuff like that together.

you will have to move the downloadable files to the homeworld2/data directory at anyrate.

• SWR Staff - Executive
I posted on macologist to see what they have to offer, apperently you have to use a mod launcher (script?) not sure but will find out and once I figure out the issues I will post instructions and necessary files

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, sorry for the bump. I downloaded the macologist version of Warlords- Clone Wars v0.8. After moving the .BIG file to the data folder, I executed the -mod CLONEWARS0.8.BIG in the terminal. I started up a normal deathmatch, but the game kept crashing at UIShipIcons.

Some helpful info:

I use a mac, OSX 10.4, Tiger.

I tried doing this on both an external harddrive and my internal drive.

I did not use the launch script that came with the package, because it refused to work.

I did not decompile my default HW2 .BIG files. (The Readme said something about the launcher overwriting the shipicons folder, could be the source of the problem)

Thanks in advance!

• SWR Staff - Executive
I do know that something is wrong with my icons files, I don't know excatly what though, the only sure fire way I've foudn to fix it is to override the icons.lua in the ships folder with a blank file (though you get no icons) I know PDS fixed this issue, but I can't figure out what is wrong with mine

• SWR Staff - Executive

you don't need to decompile it,

the overrideBigFile switch basically treats the data directory as a .big file

so creating a directory in data called 'ships/icons' and then creating a blank file in it should suffice

Thanks eville, the mod works now ^_^. One last bug: skirmish games do not end after destroying all enemy ships, and I can't change startingfleets(latter is probably a bug, like you wrote in the Readme). The former, however, also occurs occasionally in the PDS mod (when I'm running it) and the BSG mod during certain gametypes. Maybe the victory conditions in the .level file are not set? Edited by Missile Pod

• SWR Staff - Executive

the victory conditions are bugged in general, though you can set the bouy to self destruct after a time period preventing further construction

when I make the new planet pack/ territories mod updates I will fix lots of little bugs like this.

• SWR Staff - Executive

if the mod uses an external text string file  for localization they are referenced via $9009

ummm afaik

any hod over 40km will crash

the maximum clip distance of the map is around 1000 km no matter the setting

icon and UI files have to have explicit formatting to work (I don't know what it is, hence my mod has issues)

getsettingbyname in gametype files does not work.

• SWR Staff - Executive
Run Windows? Assuming you have an Intel inside Mac, then you can use Boot Camp and install Windows :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• 1 year later...
Hey I've been playing warlords .40pr and really want .45. I use a mac and have been looking for the versions macologist used to have but their site seems to be down and has been for a while. Can anyone give me the most recent version to work on the mac if they have it? Thanks!