I found a work around to RebVsImp crashes

BigMac

I have seen reference off and on to the game crashing when the computer plays as the Imperials. I haven't scoured all the topics yet, so I don't know if a solution was ever found. Well, I have found one. It only does it if you try to start a game RebVsImp straight after startup. It crashes every single time. However, if you start a game as ImpVsReb first, THEN start one RebVsImp it works fine. A note: with OldShips.big enabled, the Imperial mostly builds MSH, so it's best either disable OldShips (it'll use more variety) or to play facilities (I assume, haven't tested, just know it acts a fool in Reinforcements)

Also, on expert mode, it seems the AI hordes its ships in one tiny spot and rarely if ever leaves. On hard, it will send out a steady stream of smaller fleets, though it still presents a good challenge with RU injections enabled.

• 1 month later...
  • SWR Staff - Executive

the IMP, PIR, REB files are the source textures and geometry, you would have to rig and export them with maya to use them in game (and make new ship files) so don't do that :-P

.6 contains all of the ships ever released when OLDSHIPS.big is released, the issue is that the hardpointing and stats are different making them mostly unplayable.

as I've said before the way to convert oldships.big ships is to tweak the stats and then remove all the subsystems and replace them with weapons equvalent to what the subsystems had.