Skirmish mode

Darkvinian

I can't seem to get it to work. I go into the player vs CPU section and choose one of the SW maps. Then when I start, as it gets into the loading page it crashes back to desktop.

This is the shortcut i use:

"C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod Planetpack.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,PLATHODS.Big,IMPHODS.Big,REBHODS.Big,PIRHODS.Big,CORE.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor -windowed -w 1024 -h 768

the last section of : "-windowed -w 1024 -h 768" is for playing the game in a window mode.

I have all the files just downloaded from your site yesterday but it crashes when I use the skirmish mode.

It does work when I use the maps, Hoth01 and Hoth02, but skirmish mode it will not work. I tried creating a new profile but that didn't work either.

you need the latest version. the files you are using are from older versions and are likely mixed with new ones. delete all the warlords files you have right now, then on the warlords.swrebellion.com page, click the latest version link on the left, then download those files, and follow the instructions. when you make the shortcut, it is best to type it out, instead of cutting and pasting. i posted a very detailed example in the post called "shortcut extension problems" in this topic. you must type it exactly as it appears there, in the same order. be aware that having an imperial cpu player causes a lot of crashes. come back if that doesnt work

the ones here:

http://warlords.swrebellion.com/warlords_files/

are the ones that I downloaded before. They're dated to May 27th, and those are the ones that I had before.

I followed the instructions on how to create a shortcut. The menu shows up fine, with an executor and the imperial theme, but as soon as I setup a game in the Player vs Comp section, and press start it only loads for a few seconds then goes back to windows.

If there are more updated files I don't know where to get them.

this is a copy and paste of my post from another thread. this is EXACTLY what your shortcut should be. note that there is no IMPHODS.big, REBHODS.big, or PIRHODS.big anymore

---------------------------------------------------------

the first part of the shortcut should look like this, INCLUDING QUOTES

"C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe"

there is then a space, then:

-mod PLANETPACK.BIG,SWSOUND.BIG,SWMUSIC.BIG,GENHODS.BIG,SHIPHODS.BIG,CORE.BIG,OLDSHIPS.BIG -luatrace -hardwarecursor

there are spaces before the - in luatrace and hardware cursor.

"C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod PLANETPACK.BIG,SWSOUND.BIG,SWMUSIC.BIG,GENHODS.BIG,SHIPHODS.BIG,CORE.BIG,OLDSHIPS.BIG -luatrace -hardwarecursor

that should work, copy and paste. if c&p doesnt work, type it in manually, exactly as it appears, the .BIG files need to be in that order. kind of a pain, but its worth it

Edit: if you have never played a warlords mod before, and want everyhing to work the same, remove the OLDSHIPS.BIG from the command line. this file adds in more ships from previous versions that have not been completely converted to 0.6. the game still works and is playable, but the older ships are much more vulnerable than the ones that have been converted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

if any of the files not listed in this shortcut are in your homeworld2\data folder, get rid of them.

Edit: the files listed in the shortcut are the current ones, downloadable from the latest version section, which is where you were. i think you may be going off the readme of an older version, which is screwing up your shortcut.

Edited by shadowlegion421

• 3 months later...