Question about Ships and Resources

Nalgol

Why is that when you select Reinforcements as a option, the maximum amount of resources you can get are around 200,000 at most where other ships mostly Capital cost more than half of that? Not to mention that there are no resource gathering involved during a game like that. I am asking if there is a way to actually expand this low resource amount prior to each game through editing? And what's the deal with most of the Capital ships costing more than their worth? Damn Executor costs the whole 200,000 resources from the start and the best I could do is build fighters to  support it. I didn't download this mod to add a sense of unit diversity that I'm forced to use while playing. I just wanted to have large epic capital ship battles in open Homeworld 2 space....

well if you dont want all the ships of the star wars universe you likely shouldnt download a mod that claims the largest star wars ship collection of any mod for any game. also, the limit is 2,000,000, and only super caps cost anything near half that. and if you playing as imps to get the executer, there is no fleet a reb cpu player will build that can beat it.

reinforcements is not the game type for epic battles. do a facilities game with 30sec injections and a huge lump sum, youll get very large battles and more of them. if your looking for a specific scenario, your gonna have to play with a friend in a lan game, or learn to mod it yourself

Eh, good point. I don't mean to downplay this mod or about it's overall excellently, I applaud the creators of actually creating it for people that enjoy Star Wars. I even found it more enjoyable compared to other Star War games like Empires at War. I haven't tried using the faculties type of matches though in single player, I will give that a go. 

how about reinforcements on 2,000,000 with 10 second injections of 100 K, as well as unlimited unit cap :-P

I actually tried that once and I was barley able to exit the game from the lag  ;D

Yep a SSD owns everything. Only the Mandator can hold it's ground for a while, but gets destroyed eventually.

Speaking of SSDs when will we see a Strident, Viscount or some other SSD counters?

They are in oldships.big. Well I once tried it in v0.45. Just Viscount vs. Executor. Needles to say that after a good 10min. fight neither ships lost it's shields. It got rather boring so I don't know the final outcome.

well, since shields are gone now (LAAAMMMEEE) and the ssd was updated but the viscount wasnt, its no contest im sure. i think since the ssd is meant for destruction and mayhem, and the viscount is meant to survive an encounter with an ssd, the viscount shields are ridiculous, but it doesnt have the firepower to take out ssd shields. most mon cal ships are severely lacking in firepower vs. imp ships, while imp ships have pitiful armor and shields compared to mon cals. the ssd is still the ultimate combination of both worlds, since it has way more effort put in to protection than any other imp ships, but also has obscene amounts of firepower. all in all, its the best non-unique ship ever. unless you dont have the shields up and someone decides to take a tour of the bridge in an a-wing. then your screwed