We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 0.60
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:23 am 
<!-- Major //-->

Development releases 0.6

THIS DOES NOT NEED ANY PREVIOUS VERSIONS, 0.45 or CLONEWARS, they are obsolete so either archive or remove them.!!!!!

SWMUSIC.Big has not been updated, you will not need to redownload it.

Duel and facilities should work now

occasionally the mining ship will eat miners, move the mining ship and they will detach

icons, balance settings, heck a lot of things are mucked up. The point of this release was to get all the ships back in. I wouldn't trust using oldships.big in multiplayer, without it it should work fine in MP LAN or internet

there are significant balance issues and some extra things may have been left in, these would include new platforms, weird missile trails, poorly mixed sound volumes and broken icons, other than those issues please give feedback

suggested install

download the newest .BIG files and place in your homeworld2 data directory, (check the dates if you are updating, also you only need the files listed on the webpage listing, older files can be removed

update your shortcut with the following (right click -> properties and then in the target line)
make sure you change the install directory (IE program files or drive letter)

suggested command lines

C:\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -mod PLANETPACK.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,SHIPHODS.Big,CORE.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor

To enable the 0.45 ships that have not been converted use the following

C:\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -mod PLANETPACK.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,SHIPHODS.Big,CORE.Big,OLDSHIPS.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor

For singleplayer
C:\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -mod PLANETPACK.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,SHIPHODS.Big,CORE.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor -startinglevel Hoth01
C:\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -mod PLANETPACK.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,SHIPHODS.Big,CORE.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor -startinglevel Hoth02

If this seems long and retarded to you, it makes my life easier and means you have to download less and update more often, deal with it. I simplified it a lot from before

if it doesn't work

1. make sure you ahve no other mods installed and no extra folders in the data directory, big files are fine as long as they are up to date.
2. make sure your command line is correct for your installation
3. make sure you have the HW2 1.1 patch
4. make a new in game profile if it still crashes.

included are some sample files for the new custom starting fleet (the XXXtest.lua, you will need to create a directory in your data folder called scripts/startingfleets/ you will also need to know the names of the ships (they are usually named properly, but sometimes... let me know if you need a listing, just copy paste the existing format) it can then be accessed by adding -overrideBigFile to the shortcut and selecting 'skirmish only' gametype, and then 'custom' starting fleet

IF you want to report bugs please login here http://warlords.swrebellion.com/mantis/  with username 'warlords_bug' and password 'notkaloth'

Last edited by EvilleJedi on Mon May 28, 2007 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 0.60
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:36 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Nice! I'll start downloading right now.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:58 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Great news Evile!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:53 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

w00t. Very nice Ej.

http://steiner-modding.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=3

Total Realism Mod Manager

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:27 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

the real question is if anyone has got it up and running yet...

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:26 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

I got the new version up and running great so far.  Only question is about the Acclamator and Victory II on the ship menu.  There are icons to build them, but you can't click them.  When you hover over them with your mouse it says something like "item not yet available".  The Victory I works and looks great though.  Also the ship descriptions seem to be missing.

Gaby

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:35 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

GabyBee wrote:
I got the new version up and running great so far.  Only question is about the Acclamator and Victory II on the ship menu.  There are icons to build them, but you can't click them.  When you hover over them with your mouse it says something like "item not yet available".  The Victory I works and looks great though.  Also the ship descriptions seem to be missing.

Gaby

Indeed. Also, when using the oldships.big combined with the Old Republic Tech Tree, the game crashes while loading the Universe.

http://steiner-modding.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=3

Total Realism Mod Manager

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:59 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

there are bound to be a lot of random weird bugs with this release, so much work was needed to get the old ships in properly so I didn't fix the small things

the only races that should work with old repulbic tech tree right now are republic and CIS, and even those have essentially no ships. I'd sorta a future thing I didn't comment out

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:29 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

hehe... so any hope on getting the VSD-II and Acclamators working for the Empire?  Those are two of my favorite ships (after ISD-IIs of course).

Gaby

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:31 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

hmmm I know what the issue is, there is some research setting, try enabling or disabling research...

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:14 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Noticed that the ISDs seem to shift their bows pretty fast when targetting something off-axis, back in 0.5 they used to "lumber" getting into position.

And btw, Nebula, woohoo!!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:21 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

turn rates were increased a bit to make the ships more controlable

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:26 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Congrats nice addition...Its kinda funny that you had it done the same weekend star wars celebrates its 30th anniversary.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:23 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

that's why it's so rushed, I wanted to get it out earlier, but work was taking up too much time. Hopefully it gets a lot more polished in the next release

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:41 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

My game crashes at "Universe" everytime I try to play. Warlords loads fine up until then...the menues are updated, with the new scenarios, Build Restrictions, etc., but for some reason, it crashes at "UNiverse" when I launch a game. my command line is as follows: "C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod PLANETPACK.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,SHIPHODS.Big,CORE.Big,OLDSHIPS.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor

I have created a new profile and deleted the old warlords .45 and CLONEWARS .91 .Big files from the data folder.

Anyone know what I should do?

Profile E-mail