Galactic Simulation - interested?

Bioshadow

Hi folks, my name is Mark.

Anywho.. I am a Java programmer by trade and by hobby. So much so, that a few years ago I built a strategic galactic conquest game called Empire vs Republic. It went on for a couple of years and had nearly 100 participants from around the globe battling for control of the galaxy. It was a fun game, but had limitations.

Five years later, I have finally finished the core programming on the next generation of that game. I call it Galactic Simulation, or GalSim for short. Basically, you can read up about it at http://markb50k.dyndns.org:12345/gal_sim , where I give a little history and some of the features provided. I also give pics and stats for all the ships you can play in the game. All ships are in a top-down 2D view and the models are heavily simplified version of alot of old SWNR and warlords models.

In short, if you liked Rebellion but wanted more control, or like Empire At War but would love to have dozens of players, this game could be up your alley. Build ships, launch attacks, mine resources to fuel your war machine, whatever you want. And all the while, you could command a fleet of star destroyers, like we all have wanted to do.

This game is designed to be content-intensive giving you eventually alot of options on how to make your fortune, plus the ability to see your units down to the individual fighter. Anyway, I hope I have interested you enough. Check out my site (I am NOT a web designer, so it is REALLY REALLY basic) and write me if you want to sign up. Once I get a few people signed up I will start the game turn engine and the war will be on.

Thanks in advance for any interest.

• SWR Staff - Executive
awesome to know this is still being worked on. Darth malice and I got the old evr running on SWR here, but I don't know what he did with it. If you need hosting support from swrebellion and even some development support feel free to ask I had started work on a web game (db driven using google maps as the interface, and automate a lot of the admin end turn issues) but never really had the time to do all the leg work on it. you can sign me up as I want to check it out.

added you in and sent you a welcome email.  Thanks for the interest.  let me know what ships you want by email and I will add them in.  The details are in the email I sent you.

mark/bern is the guy who created the app i was using, i havent been working on the balancing it for a while now as i have been waiting on that ion cannon update you mentioned + i've been busy moving, i would be interested in joing up again, glad to see your still about bern :)