Territories gamerules

Stratus

• SWR Staff - Executive

Good news everyone!

Olmys gave me permission to use his territories gamerules http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=156906

and AI for warlords. I have a working version and I am seeing how I can customize it to Warlords (I already have the AI capturing and building Warlords ships and have made larger territories suited to the warlords gameplay)

now this presents an interesting problem with the AI so I have to ask a few questions. Basically the AI is incompatible with the standard AI and there is no easy way to switch this in game (though I am looking into it)

Here are the options I am evaluating

a separate big file for the territories mod, you use a different shortcut to play it, will not impact the normal game

eliminate the standard build mode with resourcing in favor of a mode that works with territories (basically resourcing would be opportunistic, but the majority of resources would be through the automatic system) and shipyards would be objectives rather than buildable

reinforcements mode fits quite well with the territories game settings so it will receive a slight change

this also means that AI will be disabled in Multiplayer games (though it will work in skirmish)

Personally, I am little tired of harvesting RUs. I think the new "territories" feature would be awesome and I definitely would prefer this over RUs. Tell me if I got this right: You start out in a given map with a fleet, and you have to capture certain territories within this map to gain Credits, along with shipyards lying around in order to build up your fleet?

• 2 months later...