Questions about quick fixes

BigMac

Alright, now I've got all the stuff to do it, but I'm not having much success with my experimentation. There are several little bugs I'd like to jury-rig a quick fix for while awaiting the next release.

1. The AI spamming resourcers when on unlimited fleet size

This ones quite simple and already done. (capped the resourcers in the script) Just put it up here for the heck of it.

2. The AI spamming MSHs when playing as an Imperial

Been experimenting and looking around but can't get it to work. It isn't crashing, or for that matter, doing ANYTHING differently so I'm apparently "not doing right", just not doing it wrong enough to cause problems :)

3. Weapon hardpoints on oldships

Can I change the part "damageable" to "undamagable" (or something comparable)? I noticed the differences in the new and old ships, so do I have to change them to the new format or do I actually have to modify the HOD as well?

If you hadn't guessed, I'm a tinkerer. So any Warlords files I get my hands on won't be "stock" for long. Anyway, as I get more familiar with HW2 I may be able to offer my assistance. Course, by that time you'll prob be done. This thing's gone along pretty far already.

• SWR Staff - Executive

MSH? best option is taking it out of the classdef.lua file in the AI completely

as for the turrets, this one is an interesting fix if you want to do it

you will need to remove all of the subsystem turret lines from the ship and replace them with standard weapon lines on the same hardpoints, the trick is that multi barreled guns will need to be rebuilt, so you can A) create lots of lag and just put multiple weapon lines on one hardpoint or B) create new weapons that have a burst fire that is the same as the turret with the individual barrels (look at the mon cals for this)