Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 0.60
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:32 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

The warlords .5 version is working fine

The computer does build the bigger ships, unfortunately, it's attacking with cruisers and a Lucrehulk DCS. I haven't shot any miner yet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:20 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

I'd strongly recommend against having any previous versions in the folder even if they are big files, odd things happen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:04 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

I have several older versions, and pirates, and HW rehash and haven't noticed any unusual bugs.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:41 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Well I also didn't have any problems until that faithful day I tried to install v0.6. when I removed all the other mods it worked.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:04 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Did your other mods add folders to the data directory, or did they simply add .big files?  Also, did you create a new profile?  (I know that question has been asked to death).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:43 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

They where in .big format, and yes creating a new profile helped, although I still have rare random crashes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:30 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Sorry for the late reply:

Yeah he builds destroyer shipyards, and a small squadron of fighters (5 or 6 groups). Then it's just a torrent of miners. Insane numbers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:51 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

im willing to bet its because the cpu actually needs more money to make bigger ships. the ships in warlords are much more expensive than base hw2. if you dont raise the ru multiplier, and give injections, you'll be scrounging for cash if you dont restrict the class to below destroyers. the shipyards themselves are each over 100k. base ru multiplier just doesnt cut it with warlords. since i think the idea of actually producing ships in the middle of a battle is at best retarded, i usually just raise everything all the way so money isnt an issue: ru multiplier 50, 100k injections at 1 min, 2mil lump sum at 2min. that way it eliminates another incredibly unrealistic aspect of the game, since i dont really have to waste energy gathering money. honestly, the best battles ive ever had are reinforcement games with 10sec 100k injection and a build timer of 1 min. good stuff. but if the cpu is starving for cash, its likely just going to build miners. and if the asteroids it finds are only worth 5k each, its going to build tons of miners to gather all the asteroids on the map. thats my guess, since this doesnt sound like anything having to do with a missing file or improper installation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:49 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

I think shadow got it right, the AI needs lots of money to function properly (or have the ship class set much lower)

the general AI build order is as follows

build a fighter factory and destroyer yard, then at least 5 fighters from the fighter yards, and then the largest ship it can afford from the destroyer yard, if it can't build anything it will try to pump out miners to go get resources and strip the map, in reinforcements it simply builds five fighters, then builds the biggest ship it can until it can't pay for any more or hits the unit cap and then goes the next size class down.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:18 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Hm okay, I do have injections set for 100k every 2 min and a lump sum of 2000000 (I believe) at 10 minutes with the multiplier set at 20. Not one destroyer or frigate, but the x-11 yard is there. I'll try another game tomorrow with maxed resources though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:00 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

So... i havent played warlords in a while.. checked the sight.. saw the new edition.. reinstalled HW2... added patch.. installed files.. worked great last night. i even played as the empire vs empire... no problems.

Today... i get home from work... wanna rematch what i played last night... now it crashes with the exact same settings i had last night. Really confused...? any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:28 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

having empire as a cpu player seems to be crashing everyone, from what ive heard. its the only problem with the mod i have now. not sure what the deal is, but its not your fault, its very common

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:50 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

here is a few intresting things i found

i decided to have one of those supreme commander style cpu crunch tests with warlords

so i got all the factions there and about 10 minitues in the CIS flat out ownd the whole map

at 5 minutes they had crusiers and still only a fighter yard

then i played as them and found a builder buoy in there build list.

that would explain how all the other teams just got destroyers and the cis brings in the BIG guns so fast.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:34 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Yeah there is a small bug with the CIS: the build buoy is included in the facilities mod.
I can imagine my frustration in seeing cruiser built out of a Fighter yard  ;D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:38 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

convenient thing about cis is no matter what they build, they dont stand a chance against the empire anyway

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next