Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 0.60
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:50 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

try it without the oldships.big

also maybe you do have to download the new planet pack if you haven't already

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:17 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

I downloaded all the files. When I start the mod, there is no star wars music like there was in pervious versions.  It hangs at universe and i did the following and still will not work:
1) I took out the oldships.big
2) Made a new profile
3) My target line is:
"C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod PLANETPACK.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,SHIPHODS.Big,CORE.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor
4) Files in my Data Dir folder are:
Core.big,englishspeech.big,homeworld2.big,planetpack.big,swmusic.big,english.big,genhods.big,oldships.big,shiphods.big and swsound.big/

It still hangs at universe. Can you help me? Thanks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:21 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith

I just want to say I had the same problem. The new PLANETPACK.Big seems to fix it, so indeed it is requried

---

Perhaps someone at Celebration IV can plug Warlords? Do a nice poster page with some screenshots, high-quality inks...
Something like a poster for a regular game by LucasArts :)
Maybe it would get some interest hehe.

If you happen to run a booth at any convention, putting up a poster to Warlords would be really cool...

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.
- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -
The cake is a lie.

Last edited by Evaders99 on Sun May 27, 2007 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:41 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

I downloaded the new planetpack.big and still had the same issue it won't go past the universe page

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:15 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

It took VERY long to load, but it loads nonetheless.

Is there any way to remove the build beacons from facility mode?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:15 am 

Well i kinda got it working now, havent had any luck getting the old ships big to work when using imperial, when i tried random it loaded me as republic and worked fine. I do however have another issue, it seems to randomly crash saying something a hw2.exe exception :-/

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:00 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Great version, besides the small bugs but amazing non the least. The only thing that I can find wrong is that Praetor Battlecruiser captains have a tendencies to ram ships and allthough it looks great it's really annoying seeing your entire fleet rammed to death.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:19 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Finally got .60 version working...facilities mode works, but the AI seems to have a Reinforcement buoy which it uses to create ships instead of using the facilities. Also, while playing as the Alliance, I noticed several mistakes in the ships: when created, the Defender Destroyer is in fact a Nebula destroyer. When creating a Nebula destroyer, it appears as a Rejuvenator. The Rejuvenator destroyer is not listed. Also, there does not seem to be any difference in appearence between the Endurance Fleet Carrier and the Nebula Destroyer.
I played a little with the Vong, and the ships look fantastic, but for some reason they move in wide arcs (mostly the Miid-Roik cruiser) as if the captain had a few drinks lol. I also want to know why Vong ships have a blue bar under the health bar (the blue bar is to show the effects of the enemy's ion cannons). Since they are made of coral, you would think that Ion cannon shots would be meaningless.
Reffering to the timelines, you would think the Empire would not possess any Correlian ships after ROTJ, but they still do (the Alliance liberated Correllia and its shipyard facilities sometime after ROTJ and prior to Dark Empire) I don't know if the ships were meant to stay there simply for selections purposes, but I just thought I'd bring it up.
The Alliance can create Imperator I Star Destroyers, but I seem to remember that the laser shots it uses were Red in version .45, and now they are back to green.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:53 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Wow, excellent work on this! Call me bias but I REALLY love the modeling and texturing that you've done to the LucreHulk Battleship. Wow ^^ Very, very nice. It really looks like a floating city with all those lights along the inside of the ring.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:43 am 
<!-- Corporal //-->

Well this is most annorying. Just last night i managed to get it all working and today it decides it would rather die everytime than play. I have no idea why its doing it since nothing had changed since last night.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:07 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

(reply to Skyblazer)  I've noticed that it crashes whenever I have an Imperial ai oppenent in the offline only mode.  Have you tried switching your opponent?

Also, the ships still don't like to attack the reinforcements buoys.  I'm currently avoiding the problem by ramming them with large ships.

*another edit*  Finally, I feel fighter/bombers and bombers are a bit too powerfull.  They no longer need to reload, and that coupled with the removal of shields means that it takes relatively few squadrons to down capships.  I haven't noticed the "docking bug" in this release, and would love to see reloading return.  I don't think fighters in Star Wars should be able to operate without fleet support, with the exeception of hit and run precision raids.

*last edit*  Of course by capships I mean frigates and low end destroyers, the really big ones either regenerate from the initial salvo or ignore them.

Last edited by overeditor on Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:17 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Well reinforcements buoys are supposed to be very tough, as reinforcements is a ship vs ship mod without any precise objectives, but you can always buy the Eclipse it destroys the buoy in a few shots  ;D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:36 pm 
<!-- Major //-->

The bouy is not meant to be destroyable in a normal game, either play facilities to have distinct targets, or turn the build time limit option to a shorter time period.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:34 pm 
<!-- Corporal //-->

Im finding it working on and off for god knows why. It just seems to wanna change its mind on what works and what doesn't

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:35 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

2x Superlaser shots or ramming it twice with the executor destroys it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next