Stratus

• SWR Staff - Executive

Development releases 0.6

THIS DOES NOT NEED ANY PREVIOUS VERSIONS, 0.45 or CLONEWARS, they are obsolete so either archive or remove them.!!!!!

SWMUSIC.Big has not been updated, you will not need to redownload it.

Duel and facilities should work now

occasionally the mining ship will eat miners, move the mining ship and they will detach

icons, balance settings, heck a lot of things are mucked up. The point of this release was to get all the ships back in. I wouldn't trust using oldships.big in multiplayer, without it it should work fine in MP LAN or internet

there are significant balance issues and some extra things may have been left in, these would include new platforms, weird missile trails, poorly mixed sound volumes and broken icons, other than those issues please give feedback

suggested install

download the newest .BIG files and place in your homeworld2 data directory, (check the dates if you are updating, also you only need the files listed on the webpage listing, older files can be removed

update your shortcut with the following (right click -> properties and then in the target line)

make sure you change the install directory (IE program files or drive letter)

suggested command lines

C:\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -mod PLANETPACK.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,SHIPHODS.Big,CORE.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor

To enable the 0.45 ships that have not been converted use the following

C:\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -mod PLANETPACK.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,SHIPHODS.Big,CORE.Big,OLDSHIPS.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor

For singleplayer

C:\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -mod PLANETPACK.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,SHIPHODS.Big,CORE.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor -startinglevel Hoth01

C:\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -mod PLANETPACK.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,SHIPHODS.Big,CORE.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor -startinglevel Hoth02

If this seems long and retarded to you, it makes my life easier and means you have to download less and update more often, deal with it. I simplified it a lot from before

if it doesn't work

1. make sure you ahve no other mods installed and no extra folders in the data directory, big files are fine as long as they are up to date.

2. make sure your command line is correct for your installation

3. make sure you have the HW2 1.1 patch

4. make a new in game profile if it still crashes.

included are some sample files for the new custom starting fleet (the XXXtest.lua, you will need to create a directory in your data folder called scripts/startingfleets/ you will also need to know the names of the ships (they are usually named properly, but sometimes... let me know if you need a listing, just copy paste the existing format) it can then be accessed by adding -overrideBigFile to the shortcut and selecting 'skirmish only' gametype, and then 'custom' starting fleet

IF you want to report bugs please login here http://warlords.swrebellion.com/mantis/  with username 'warlords_bug' and password 'notkaloth'

Edited by EvilleJedi

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! I'll start downloading right now.

Want to play a game of Warlords? Join the Warlords hamachi network!

Network name: SW:Warlords

Network password: Warlords

I got the new version up and running great so far.  Only question is about the Acclamator and Victory II on the ship menu.  There are icons to build them, but you can't click them.  When you hover over them with your mouse it says something like "item not yet available".  The Victory I works and looks great though.  Also the ship descriptions seem to be missing.

Gaby

I got the new version up and running great so far.  Only question is about the Acclamator and Victory II on the ship menu.  There are icons to build them, but you can't click them.  When you hover over them with your mouse it says something like "item not yet available".  The Victory I works and looks great though.  Also the ship descriptions seem to be missing.

Gaby

Indeed. Also, when using the oldships.big combined with the Old Republic Tech Tree, the game crashes while loading the Universe.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/3958/kamphersig4si.jpg

http://steiner-modding.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=3

Total Realism Mod Manager

• SWR Staff - Executive

there are bound to be a lot of random weird bugs with this release, so much work was needed to get the old ships in properly so I didn't fix the small things

the only races that should work with old repulbic tech tree right now are republic and CIS, and even those have essentially no ships. I'd sorta a future thing I didn't comment out

Noticed that the ISDs seem to shift their bows pretty fast when targetting something off-axis, back in 0.5 they used to "lumber" getting into position.

And btw, Nebula, woohoo!!

• SWR Staff - Executive
that's why it's so rushed, I wanted to get it out earlier, but work was taking up too much time. Hopefully it gets a lot more polished in the next release

My game crashes at "Universe" everytime I try to play. Warlords loads fine up until then...the menues are updated, with the new scenarios, Build Restrictions, etc., but for some reason, it crashes at "UNiverse" when I launch a game. my command line is as follows: "C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod PLANETPACK.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,SHIPHODS.Big,CORE.Big,OLDSHIPS.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor

I have created a new profile and deleted the old warlords .45 and CLONEWARS .91 .Big files from the data folder.

Anyone know what I should do?

I downloaded all the files. When I start the mod, there is no star wars music like there was in pervious versions.  It hangs at universe and i did the following and still will not work:

1) I took out the oldships.big

2) Made a new profile

3) My target line is:

"C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod PLANETPACK.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,SHIPHODS.Big,CORE.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor

4) Files in my Data Dir folder are:

Core.big,englishspeech.big,homeworld2.big,planetpack.big,swmusic.big,english.big,genhods.big,oldships.big,shiphods.big and swsound.big/

It still hangs at universe. Can you help me? Thanks

• SWR Staff - Executive

I just want to say I had the same problem. The new PLANETPACK.Big seems to fix it, so indeed it is requried

---

Perhaps someone at Celebration IV can plug Warlords? Do a nice poster page with some screenshots, high-quality inks...

Something like a poster for a regular game by LucasArts :)

Maybe it would get some interest hehe.

If you happen to run a booth at any convention, putting up a poster to Warlords would be really cool...

Edited by Evaders99

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

It took VERY long to load, but it loads nonetheless.

Is there any way to remove the build beacons from facility mode?

Want to play a game of Warlords? Join the Warlords hamachi network!

Network name: SW:Warlords

Network password: Warlords

Well i kinda got it working now, havent had any luck getting the old ships big to work when using imperial, when i tried random it loaded me as republic and worked fine. I do however have another issue, it seems to randomly crash saying something a hw2.exe exception :-/

Great version, besides the small bugs but amazing non the least. The only thing that I can find wrong is that Praetor Battlecruiser captains have a tendencies to ram ships and allthough it looks great it's really annoying seeing your entire fleet rammed to death.

Finally got .60 version working...facilities mode works, but the AI seems to have a Reinforcement buoy which it uses to create ships instead of using the facilities. Also, while playing as the Alliance, I noticed several mistakes in the ships: when created, the Defender Destroyer is in fact a Nebula destroyer. When creating a Nebula destroyer, it appears as a Rejuvenator. The Rejuvenator destroyer is not listed. Also, there does not seem to be any difference in appearence between the Endurance Fleet Carrier and the Nebula Destroyer.

I played a little with the Vong, and the ships look fantastic, but for some reason they move in wide arcs (mostly the Miid-Roik cruiser) as if the captain had a few drinks lol. I also want to know why Vong ships have a blue bar under the health bar (the blue bar is to show the effects of the enemy's ion cannons). Since they are made of coral, you would think that Ion cannon shots would be meaningless.

Reffering to the timelines, you would think the Empire would not possess any Correlian ships after ROTJ, but they still do (the Alliance liberated Correllia and its shipyard facilities sometime after ROTJ and prior to Dark Empire) I don't know if the ships were meant to stay there simply for selections purposes, but I just thought I'd bring it up.

The Alliance can create Imperator I Star Destroyers, but I seem to remember that the laser shots it uses were Red in version .45, and now they are back to green.

Wow, excellent work on this! Call me bias but I REALLY love the modeling and texturing that you've done to the LucreHulk Battleship. Wow ^^ Very, very nice. It really looks like a floating city with all those lights along the inside of the ring.

Well this is most annorying. Just last night i managed to get it all working and today it decides it would rather die everytime than play. I have no idea why its doing it since nothing had changed since last night.