Battle Report - CIS vs Empire in the Cron Drift

Evaders99

This could almost be called a test battle to see just how strong the providence cruiser is. I gave the move and attack order once and let the battle fold out in its own fashion.

CIS (me)

5 Providence Cruisers

Empire (CPU)

2 ISD II's

2 ISD I's

3 Venators

7 Enforcer class cruisers

3 dreadnaughts

3 Star Galleons

3 Tie defender squadrons

6 Skipray blast boat squadrons

I hyped to a position just outside where the Empire's Nav Buoy was and then cruised towards their position on sublight.

My ships were in the standard line abreast formation.

Needless to say, the ISD II's opened fire first. A quick scan of my ships revealed minimal damage. The rest of the imperial fleet opened up about the same time my Providence's rode into range. I wish i a had a screen shot - missile trails in the Cron Drift look cool.

Anyway, all 5 Providence cruisers concentrated their fire on the closest ISD II. Their initial torpedo salvo took off half its hit points. The second salvo killed it. A quick (and incredulous) survey of the CIS revealed that 1 cruiser had lost a quarter of its hit points from the combined pounding of the other ISD II and one of the ISD I's. The other ships all were still in the green, with minimal point loss.

1 minute later, the second ISD II bought the farm in roughly the same fashion as its brother. 4 Providence cruisers were concentrating on the Imperial capitals, while the 5th had decided to go after the 7 enforcer cruisers and 3 star galleons. Admittedly, I didn't see the Star Galleons buy it. But I know they died in the following 2 minutes because when I checked back on cruiser 5, they weren't there anymore.

The ISD I's lasted even less time that the II's as the CIS cruisers were now in close, where PDS has no time to knock down proton torpedoes. The providence ion cannon and turbolasers were making short work of the Defenders and Blast boats too.

One providence cruiser had lost two thirds of its hit points, another had lost half, the rest somewhere between a quarter and a fifth. But all five had started to recover. At this point, the Empire had lost 2 ISD II's, 2 ISD I's, 3 Star Galleons, 3 Tie Defender squadrons, 3 Skipray blast boat squads, and 3 Enforcer class cruisers....

The Venators had unfortunately gone into that weird state where they constant turn on their axis but don't go anywhere (Usually happens when a crowd of ships get bought and hyper into the same area). The CIS ships annihilated them in 4 volleys of torps and turbo. Another 2 enforcers had been wasted by cruiser 5 too.

The entrance of the 3 dreadnaughts to the battle was just plain funny. The first two died and the third was badly damaged in the first volley. It was disabled and dispatched by turbos about 15 seconds later.

In the final 30 seconds or so, the last 2 enforcers made a desperate effort to run. Cruiser 5 nailed one, and the other changed course towards the rest of the fleet. Clearly an intelligent move........

At the end of the battle, all 5 Providence cruisers had either fully recovered or were back to 3/4 strength. The aforementioned Imperial Fleet had an appointment with the scrap heap. The entire battle lasted about 9 minutes, as I had to wait for the empire's Nav Buoy to explode before being declared the winner.

So, 20 capital ships and 9 fighter and light corvette squads were fuck-sticked by 5 relics from the clone wars. Interesting.

Comments?

Edited by dojoyoda_warlords

As bias as I am towards the CIS side, thats still quite an impressive thumpin'. If anything, i'd say that the missile volly times should be stretched out a bit more so its not just a rapid fire missile launcher. And the self repair rate of course.

I love those relics ^^ The only star wars ship to sound like its driven by a diesel engine.

The Providence is one of my favorite ships. However as I said in the Bugs thread they are overpowered. The time between the missile volleys should be reduced or the the missiles should be fired two at a time with a recharge time similar to the Procurator cruiser.

The most important issues is the damage their missiles do and the fact that their armor is so goddamned strong

Want to play a game of Warlords? Join the Warlords hamachi network!

Network name: SW:Warlords

Network password: Warlords

If they were fired in smaller volleys the PD grid could destroy them before they reach a ship andfewer would hit thus the damage wouldn't be high. Actually the ''shields'' are strong because the first part of the health bar which regenerates quickly rapresents the shields, once the health drops below a certain point the ''shields'' are down and the regeneration time is much slower. Or something like that.