random suggestions that will never probably get implemented

EvilleJedi

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just one on one every time its happened. but like i said, it doesnt happen every time, and it hasnt happened with facilities and a build timer. i always play imp vs reb ai. that was the situation the first time i discovered that ramming the executer in to the buoy is the only thing that will make its health noticeably drop at all.

Just out of curiosity, EJ, I posted several ideas earlier. Do any of them gel with your vision, or are you specifically doing things differently? U don't have to explain yourself, of course, I'll be playing Warlords regardless :) I'm just curious as to how you're doing things. I know in a lot of cases, you have reasoning for the way things are. I'll admit, the one I'm most curious about is the Ion Cannon downtime cause I think it's a major pain in the arse (thus its being first)

• SWR Staff - Executive
Ion cannons have to be re-thought they simply don't work right, and the oldships.big presents it as a bigger problem. the Executor's massive ion barrage is fully intentional however :-P

• 2 months later...
I was wondering if there is a tool or some way to create our own scenariosor "levels"?  Would be fun to take in pre-made fleets to attack pre-set up defences and/or another pre set fleet.  Not being able to build more ships would also push players to use more individual ship control and fighter/corvett screening in their tactics.

• SWR Staff - Executive

you'll need to open the level files and create custom levels (go to http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=18633 for extracting files and such)

you'll need to make new levels, the level structure basically has lines that say where ships are, who owns them and which way they are oriented (the relic maps are great sources for how this is done) you have to have a real good handle on 3d coordinates to make a map though you can get positioning with this tool http://warlords.swrebellion.com/files/SKUNKS_HW2_Map_Editor1.1.zip (what I use, then modify the names of the objects)

Thanks for the tool.  I have been tinkering with it have gotten pritty comfertable with it.  Now I just need to figure out how to get your ships and objects into it.  I have scanned the forums relentlesly and have not been able to track down a good place to help me.  I went to the link you posted but it is very packed with many other moding that I want to get into later.  But right now would you please be able to give me a brief on what I need to do to get your ships and objects (currently I am restricted to hig and vag).

My biggest confusion is how to get your ships/objects.  Do I need to decompile them out of a .big file?  If so what is a good program to use (I have been trying to use BatchLUADC with little success) and which file is it.

I promis the questions will decrease once I get a better handle on the file language and processes, in the middle of finals rihgt now as well.  But I would like to get involved in editing/moding and have been doing some research and reading on other sites.  Just need help with getting started.

Thanks in advance.

So which file(s) do I need to open with notepad, because I have tried to do it with the .Big files and they just go into a not responding error.  OR do I just use the already decompressed data folder and edit things in there?

Would it be better if I contacted you a different way (email or PM) or is this forum alright?

Edited by calibro8185

Progress: OK, after some more research I got the necessary files from microsoft and registered them in my system 32 folder.  That allowed me to use Spookyrat's .Big decompiler to view the .Big files.  I guessed that your ships were in the SHIPHODS.Big file.  So I, for testing, extracted the CORE.Big file to get all the ships and platforms.

Now I am stuck at getting these files to be used by Skunk's editor.

Sugestions?

• SWR Staff - Executive
I've never found a way to use skunks editor with the ships, I simply place a dummy ship where I want it with the right orientaton and then edit the level in notepad to put the right shipname in.

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH.  I got ya...I think.  Let me just make sure.  So I use the editor to place objects and ships.  Then you open the new level with note pad and place the names of the ships I want.  By putting in the proper names and running warlords the level will load the proper ships, correct?

Do platforms like the golans act like ships as well?

• 2 months later...

dunno if it's implemented already, haven't noticed

but when you spawn a large capital ship, could it come with a few fighters and bombers?

Not enough to do anything serious, but maybe 1-2 fighter squadrons and a bomber squad.

Or if you like, you could bugger all and have as many fighters/bombers as canon says ;)