Cap ships and range

Flyboy

I've noticed that some of the destroyers, when ordered to attack another destroyer or cruiser, will fly over to the maximum range their front guns allow, and just sit there firing a few guns.  Once manually ordered to approach the target, the additional guns will engage.  For ships like the Mon Cal designs, this is especially noticable as the weapons are more spread out than on the ISDs, who have their longest ranged weapons mounted closer to the rear.

*edit* also, the k wing's rockets dont do any damage, and it never uses space bombs.

BTW, all bugs are in .60 test release.

Edited by overeditor

• 2 weeks later...
id like to 2nd this, but in the other extreme. there seems to be a lot of fanatical cruiser and destroyer captains that like the idea of sticking their nose up the engines of enemy ships, enough so that if the enemy ship they're groping stops, or changes course in any way, they ram it and are either destoyed, or take serious damage and destroy the opposing ship. its not just a .6 issue, but its just as prominent here as in previous releases. is it a known issue, or am i setting something up wrong? or were suicide nebula destroyers intended?

• SWR Staff - Executive
the game has a bug where at some point the ships ignore thier movment orders and get too close, I've never been able to isolate it and it is annoying to me too